Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Lower Dominick Street rough to live

Options
  • 13-12-2005 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Just wondering i might be purchasing there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, aside from tourists and drunken white-collar types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

so tourists and drunken white-collar are in danger regular folk are fine???

or there the dangerous one rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I presume you talkin about Galway ya ?
    If so it's fine as long as you can deal with the noise...great pubs there too..Bierhouse and Roisin Doves are great and monroes is great for food and the football.
    I live up the road on Henry St and haven't been jumped or anything happen to my home in 28 years with the exception of someone leaving a can of beer on our window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Dominck Street in Dublin?

I am speaking of D1 dublin

• Advertisement

Yes dublin should i be worried:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yes dublin should i be worried:eek:

Well its not the quietest place to live. But its not half as bad as it was. It has a lot of plus's like being very near city centre etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It has had a rough reputation, however it has changed an awful lot in the last 15 years. It used to be just the flats surrounded by acres of carparking, then the build the cinemas, apartments, Penneys and Peats were rebuilt, the ILAC is being done up and there are some really nice apartments going in on Parnell Street / Square. I'm sure you will still find the occassional nutcase, skanger or junkie, but no worse than O'Connell Street or Temple Bar and with less traffic and noise.

I've noticed some of the flats boarded up recently, I presume for renovation, but I'd check with the council.

You have the city on your door step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I do know Dublin City Council owns some of the older properties on the left coming from Parnell Street, they may be renovating some more.

D.1 has changed so much in the last few years and reading this evenings paper it will change more next year because Council tennants will at last be able to buy their apartments (used to be flats when De Corpo owned dem) :D

People have become more aware of their environment and taking the number of people buying into what were thought of as rough areas has caused many to really appreciate what they always called home.

I think a lot of the problems in the area were the people passing through more than the residents, I think you will find the vast majority decent people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I've always been of the opinion(unqualified:)) that dominick st upper is better than the lower part.
    I do park my car on Upper as it has a less 'flats' density than Lower. Anyways, both streets are full of immigrants who i'd rather meet down a dark alley than a local skanger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement