Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it bad...

Options
  • 13-12-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Is it bad to put 2 speakers into the red and black things(sorry i don't know the proper term for them) that you put them in?
    Does it affect the speakers in any way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Beekay wrote:
    Is it bad to put 2 speakers into the red and black things(sorry i don't know the proper term for them) that you put them in?
    Does it affect the speakers in any way?

Presumably you mean run two speakers out of each speaker output? As in having 4 driven speakers rather than two?

Personally, I would not do it. Instead you could get yourself 2 better speakers and hook them up on their own (as long as the amp is capable of driving them).

Have a read of this article - it highlights the difference between low and high impedence speakers and how matching them with your amp is important so as not to blow it.

L

Advertisement