Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisey neighbours dogs!!! HELP!

• 13-12-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I have a major problem with our neighbours noisey dogs. We moved into a new housing estate 1 year ago and have suffered from noise pollution ever since. The neighbour, a lady, around 35 years old lives alone and does shift work(12hour shifts). When she goes to work she leaves her two small dogs in the back garden until she returns.

The dogs bark almost constantly at absolutely nothing! There is never anyone around to bark at because its a new area. Unfortunately due to the proximity of our house we suffer from this barking on a daily basis. This also goes on at the weekend and is extremely annoying at 7am on a Sunday morning after a heavy night out! The dogs are never taken out on walks or anything so I think they are frustrated at being couped up all of the time, this is whay I think they bark so much.

I would like to know who I can complain to about this noise. Is there an 'environmental health' dept or someone like that could send out a letter to the neighbour advising them that a complaint has been recieved?

The neighbour went on holiday during the summer and left the dogs in the back garden, they were barking continuously at 4am at nothing!!! They have a shed with a dog door in the side of it which they go in and out of. I was forced to call the neoghbours father at one stage to take the doges to his house!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lolo2

You have to apply for a form from your local co co, (find it on http://www.irlgov.ie) to inform your neighbour that a complaint has been made. Then you can complain to district court.

I would try talking to the neighbour - maybe she could be convinced to get a local kid to take the dogs on walks while she is at work?

Its pretty concerning if she left the dogs for weeks in the back garden (were they fed/walked by someone?), if that happens again I would ring the your local spca and ask them to have a chat with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

do a search for barking dogs .. this topic has been covered loads of times before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One thread is enough of this subject.
    Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement