Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees

• 13-12-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just wanted to double check if it would be ok for me to get a real Christmas tree into the house if I have a bun on the loose? I can't seem to find any info on whether or not they are poisonous to rabbits.

If anyone knows either way, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know!

Dilly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As far as I know raw pine like on a xmas tree isn't safe for rabbits esp. fresh with the sap and bark etc. What you could do is stick the xmas tree on a high box which might put the rabbit off or put a little wire screen around it just to be on the safe side. We have large pine trees growing in our garden and I know it's not safe for them so I would say the other pines aren't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Hmmm....I'd better block it off from him when I put it up so. I can probably cut off any lower branches too.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Dilly

Advertisement