Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF2 Patch update

Options
  • 13-12-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

New information on the 1.2 Update:

Hi all,

We are currently working on the next Battlefield 2 update. We believe this update has some significant improvements that everyone will appreciate. We’ve seen the discussions on the forum and will do our best to address as many issues as possible, as soon as possible.

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
    - TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
    - Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
    - AA missile lock has been improved
    - Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    - Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    - Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    - "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
    - Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
    - "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
    - "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
    - The Sa80 weapon has been improved
    - The G3A3 weapon has been improved
    - Reload while sprinting has been enabled
    - Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
    - Damage decreased for the M134
    - Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.

For now, cheers.

Armando "Aj" Marini
    Battlefield Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Death to the dolphins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I wonder does the jump and shoot fix
    include the jump and throw C4?

Interesting about the sniper accuracy.
    Has it been increased or decreased?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Increased I bet. and the jump and throw C4 is probably possible IRL so isn't an exploit IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

IG-Calibre wrote:
    - Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
    - AA missile lock has been improved

Best upgrade yet.

same question about snipers and anti-tank increased or decreased?

Oh yeah wtf is prone spamming?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ah crap...they've crippled my chopper. Tell me at least you're lowering the damage a jeep's gun does to choppers? That was always so lethal.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    Ah crap...they've crippled my chopper. Tell me at least you're lowering the damage a jeep's gun does to choppers? That was always so lethal.

Huh!! always found it crap, it overheated up 2 or 3 times before you could take a copter down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Huh!! always found it crap, it overheated up 2 or 3 times before you could take a copter down.

Thats if it was at 100%. If you've taken any damage its so easy for a machine gun to take you down. And its so hard to escape from a machine gunner like that.

And here's a tip, don't let it overheat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Some nice fixes in the patch especially :

- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    - "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible

Looks like i might go back to anti tank now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Machine gun on jeeps are fairly powerful and impossible to miss a chopper thats trying to flee, just keep firing and letting it cool.

Some good fixes rumour is it be out by xmas with a new map.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

"Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy"

I'd like to see this improved the reticle of the rifle should not be still it should definitely sway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Death to the dolphins!

I wonder if it will be tuna friendly ?

Again forgive my noobishness, Dolphin diving??

I think its when some one jumps and then goes prone in the air makes em really hard to hit and at the mo they can still shoot while doing it. Looks gimp but is effective. I am a super n00b also so don't know if I am right

- "Sprint Exploit" has been fixed

What are the above???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Myopia++

Vegeta wrote:
    - "Sprint Exploit" has been fixed

What are the above???
    Sprint exploit was an exploit in the game where someone would have unlimited sprtin (not 100% sure how it worked)

Prone spamming I assume was similar to dolphin diving. ie. prone, jump, prone, jump etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Don't like what they done with the choppers... I think it is pretty easy at the moment to take down a chopper as it is. I like that they upgraded the accuracy of the sniper weapon but still it's pretty easy to get kills with.

Death to those dolphin diving bastards... The best thing that they have done...

Disagree about the copters hit points, any shoulder held rocket should take out a copter in real life. Also i hit a copter a few times with a tank shell, it damaged it, but did'nt take it down. hit one with a tow as well a few times and was about 50-50 in whether i took it down or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

All good news to me,I switch between special opps,sniper and anti tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i'm loving the sound of this patch. better AA, less hit points for aircraft = brilliant. hate those bombing whores. Even sprayng em with shells from an apc of mobile AA was never enough to take em down. Though i did take down a helicopter with the chinese equivalent of the mp5 once.

better Anti Tank primary weapon!!! excellent. was har to hit a vehicle going at speed parallel to ye. hopefully will make it easier to hit helicopters as well.

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote:
    i'm loving the sound of this patch. better AA, less hit points for aircraft = brilliant. hate those bombing whores. Even sprayng em with shells from an apc of mobile AA was never enough to take em down. Though i did take down a helicopter with the chinese equivalent of the mp5 once.

better Anti Tank primary weapon!!! excellent. was har to hit a vehicle going at speed parallel to ye. hopefully will make it easier to hit helicopters as well.

I'm 100% with you on this

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Scruff wrote:

agreed there 100% , wonder what the acc with surport weapon will be like , you can stand front of someone now at still miss , but im all for killing them chopper and planes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

jeawan wrote:
    agreed there 100% , wonder what the acc with surport weapon will be like , you can stand front of someone now at still miss , but im all for killing them chopper and planes

Support accuracy is ridiculous...
    I so want to tear gas people and then shoot them like sitting ducks but its next to impossible to hit anything with the support rifle...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Keyzer wrote:
    Support accuracy is ridiculous...
    I so want to tear gas people and then shoot them like sitting ducks but its next to impossible to hit anything with the support rifle...

tell me about it , you havet his big feck off gun , and a MEC stands in front of you and you miss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

I fly a bit and even I'm looking on the bright side of the patch...less armour for planes means I can shoot them down faster..When I fly I'm a team player..in other words I spend my time taking down the choppers and jets..and besides the bombers would have 2 ppl,jets 1 and the choppers 2 plus the blackhawks..I get more kills this way than just by bombing plus my team are happier

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Its Christmas eve and theres killin to be dun.I guess its out next week at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

wideangle wrote:
    Its Christmas eve and theres killin to be dun.I guess its out next week at this stage.

wrong dude tis after midnight!! tis xmas... watch out you don't frag santa:D

stag39 wrote:
    wrong dude tis after midnight!! tis xmas... watch out you don't frag santa:D
    I've C4'd the xmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I've C4'd the xmas tree.
    i'm camping under the sofa opposite the fireplace with a sniper rifle

• Advertisement
Advertisement