Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Talk questions

Options
  • 13-12-2005 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, can anyone answer a few qs b4 I sign up to UTV
    1. Is there a catch for free calls?
    2. Does it cost more to direct debit to the north
    3. Is quality of serice good and is eircom line rental handed over yet?
    4. I heard some people can use 01 dial up numbers e.g. efreelive.net for internet hence using the free evening calls, anyone make use of this?
    5. If not, is UTV dial up still on the go or can I still use eircom dial up?
    Lastly, heard somewhere that they don't charge full ROI vat rates, is this true and an issue?
    Thanks folks, any suggestions or better offers most appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

1. No, calls are free after 6 and at weekends to all of Ireland and UK. Its free up to an hour and then its standard rates I think. But they do say that if you are having a long call to hang up and ring back when your coming up to an hour so it will be free.

3. I've never had a problem with the service but the line rental isnt handed over yet (I got it in February) so there is still and Eircom bill coming in every now and then.

Cant help you with the rest of the questions I'm afraid. And its great to get the bill and see FREE beside most of the calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I've had UTV Talk for one year. It works as it says on the tin and I am happy with it. I may however change in the future as I want broadband and the UTV boradband offering isn't be very best. I use it to dial to my work for email, they start charging after one hour. Not sure if there are any public internet services on a regular number, it doesn't have to be in the 01 calls area, as are free to anywhere in Britain and Ireland.

Advertisement