Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students messing in senior cycle...

Options
  • 13-12-2005 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

This one absolutly wrecks my head all together ur sitting in a class that u find hard and need to do good (biology) and u have a group of the class who just keep talking and messing causing the teacher to have to spend most of their time dealing with those students but it seems like to me they should kick em out of the class instead of just keep warning em, which lets face doesnt do anything at all....

How many of you here have been effected by these imature assholes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Its so annoying when there are people constantly taking the piss in a class, was happening in my business class at the start of the year and a few suspensions and and expulsion later, all is (generally) quiet thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

My biology teacher just keeps lecturing them on how important it is for your leaving and how hard and long the course is.....

She never gives them detention or gets them suspendid, not even punishment hw...the most she does is says ur so imature which they think is funny to hear...

Ive even complained to her about it and nothing has been done, im going to the principal next....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yeah same in my Maths & English classes, Funny at times tho but now I want to start getting some work done.

good luck with it i guarantee they wont stop messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah I have that in my geography class, having trouble getting through our course. Just work hard yourself, it's their problem at the end of the day. No point in 'telling' on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

deisedolly wrote:
    No point in 'telling' on them.
    Why ever not? Its only your future academic and professional career we're talking about.

If a group of students are messing about and its having a detrimental effect on on you, then surely there's no harm in having a quiet word with the teacher outside of class.

e.g.:

Student: Top of the morning sir. I was wondering if i could have a word about Biology class.
    Teacher: Yeah, no problemo, afterall im here to serve you and help in anyway I can.
    Student: Well, its those ppl in class....you know the ones who are always messing about and acting the goat. They're seriously harming my academic career. Could you maybe sort them out?
    Teacher: Consider it done!

See, easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

There is a fella in my class who is always messing and has a real temper problem, he always thrown out of loads of classes and was even suspended for like 3months last year, now he's back, he's still disrupting the class and nothing can be done about it. Yes it is annoying but what can ya do??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I have to admit I was one of those prícks messing in class but it is essential to have a laugh. Some teachers hated me while some liked me. The ones I liked I was only licking up to them. In 6th year I got an award for academic endevour and also one for best attendance (didn't miss a day in 6th year :eek: ). Anyway the point is that I was a messer and now I'm studying to become a teacher myself. I'm currently studying Religious Studies and Irish Studies!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

raheny red wrote:
    I have to admit I was one of those prícks messing in class but it is essential to have a laugh. Some teachers hated me while some liked me. The ones I liked I was only licking up to them. In 6th year I got an award for academic endevour and also one for best attendance (didn't miss a day in 6th year :eek: ). Anyway the point is that I was a messer and now I'm studying to become a teacher myself. I'm currently studying Religious Studies and Irish Studies!!:D :D

yeah im going to be honest and say i was a messer too. however we had teachers who knew when to have a joke and a laugh and when it needed to end. if there are students disrupting you continuously in class well then the blame must be with the teacher for not controlling the class.

im not saying the messers are free from blame either but the teacher should be capable of lawing down the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Luckily enough I dont have to experience that kind of crap. Im in most of the more difficlut classes where people have the cop on to not act like a gobshíte.

Its not fair at all on people who are willing to have a laugh, but not throw away their education.

Dont sit back and take problems like this, go to someone/something eg. Principal, board of mamagement etc.

• Advertisement

Ah cop on school is great to have a laugh and now in college and it's ten times better.

The laugh is essential and I gonna be a teacher so I have not thrown any education either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Did I say theres anything wrong with having a laugh? No.

I dont need to cop on, what im talking about is people constantly taking the piss and completely wrecking the class for anyone who might want to lear as well as have the "essential" laugh.

crime i totaly agree with u...

But like its too the point where there asking the teacher about her sex life, and in the class the girl i sit beside has already gone to the principal and he has done ****y all...

These people should just be ****ed outta the school at the stage where its senior cycle and they have made a choice to stay in school or not....

Evd-Burner wrote:

there asking the teacher about her sex life

Now a laugh is a laugh but that is just not on. That is completely unacceptable!!

What was she like? Did she actually respond to the question??

That was the funny thing she kinda did and kinda didnt, the question was miss how often do u mate with ur husband and she replied 'that is none of ur business aoife what i do in my spare time with my husband or lack their of ', at first i though she was just taking the piss but when we started to talk about how a man gets on a bonner and how they might not be able to i realised that she had let the last few words slip and when other questions were asked she didnt think and just answered them.......

Ya should see the desks in the lab they all say miss is dying for sex etc etc etc, i feel sorry for the women shes never going to live it down....

Stupid bítch for answering the question in front of a room full of hórny teenagers. Some teachers never learn :p

They funny ting is the class only has to other lads bar me, so they must all be bisexually in biology.... (girls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

yeah my irish class is like that. we've gone through 4 teachers since 5th cause no one wants to teach us, its crap. around 7 people in the class mess, the other 20 or so want to work but cant.the teacher called in the principal to deal with them, he didnt do a thing. wouldnt give her any back up whatsoever. wanker. im going to fail irish!

Sure why do u think i did foundation for the junior, had a teacher who just couldnt keep control...

Evd-Burner wrote:
    They funny ting is the class only has to other lads bar me, so they must all be bisexually in biology.... (girls)

that meant to be a joke!anyway!
    if you really dislike transfer out!i was admittedly a messer but still didnt stop me doing well in leaving cert!so just get a grip and put the head down.

• Advertisement

I have been but im just finding the subject hard...

would you not change biology classes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You think the teacher should 'control' them?

These wasters who are messing are presumably over 16 years of age. If their parents have done that bad a job bringing them up that they behave as you describe, why on earth do you think anyone should have to 'control' them?

Dogs and wild animals need controlling. Wasters who think that their having a laugh is more important than the rest of their class need to be shown the door. Let their parents put up with their carry-on - let the chickens go home to roost.

I've been brought up perfectly fine. I don't see how having a laugh has got to do with parenting but you prob have never had a laugh!!

I'm glad I had a laugh - in school you have the best days of your life and that's why I'm in the process of becoming a teacher to finish off my wonderful moments of having a laugh in the classroom!!

spurious wrote:
    You think the teacher should 'control' them?

These wasters who are messing are presumably over 16 years of age. If their parents have done that bad a job bringing them up that they behave as you describe, why on earth do you think anyone should have to 'control' them?

Dogs and wild animals need controlling. Wasters who think that their having a laugh is more important than the rest of their class need to be shown the door. Let their parents put up with their carry-on - let the chickens go home to roost.

Ur totaly rite man they should be shown the door, its at the point there ruining other peoples lifes and lets face it thats what they are doing, there depriving others from the right to an education, its there choice to come back to do the leaving so they have to comply with the teachers....

And raheney head i totaly disagree with u altogether, in my best classes business geography and english we have an absolute deadly laugh but yet we are under control and know when its time to learn, and the results do show...

Its the teacher who decides the class is a laugh or not and if u have noticed the teachers who have laughs are also the best teachers....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Evd-Burner wrote:

Its the teacher who decides the class is a laugh or not and if u have noticed the teachers who have laughs are also the best teachers....

agree with you to a point. i dont think its about having a laugh more making the class fun. the teacher is there to teach people from different backgrounds not just the honours students.

when all the lc students out there get out into college they will look back at the lc and wonder, what was all the fuss about? far too much pressure is put on the lc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

raheny, you obviously dont know what people are talking about!!!There is NO WAY these people can possibly end up doing any sort of 3rd level course.theyre people who get 1% in exams and its not cuz theyre thick its cuz they were 2 lazy to write out answers.From what youve said i doubt you were ever that bad, so dont try and defend them!
    Im sick of people who disrupt the class not even to have a laugh its just so they can look "MAD" in front of their friends!!!me and my friends "have a laugh", they just scream and shout and pretend to laugh at stupid stuff to piss the teacher off!!!:mad:

I have not defended these people. I was actually condoning the behaviour of the students who were asking a female teacher about her sex life!!

Just as a matter of interest where abouts do yous all attend school??:confused:

Im a northsider thats all ya need to know.... (explains the messing part)...

I used to be in St.Pauls by the way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Ive never really experience this! Perhaps because I myself am a messer. Well this year I am not! But all the other years I spent winding up teachers! I didnt ever disturb the class though I'd talk or mess when the teacher wasn't talking. If the pricks are annoyin you do take it up! Theres a fine line between fun and just downright annoying! I don't think im making sense :eek:

Advertisement