Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google - huh? [maybe OT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Never saw that before zoro... Search worked for me when I clicked on that linked. Try virus checker and spyware remover as they advise. I often run AdAware and SpyBot. Never have any problems as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

i've just heard from a friend that google have started using those messages to try to ward off script kiddy hackers that are searching for forums to exploit.

clever i suppose, but man i nearly wet myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I've seen that a few times from my work pc (very good anti-virus software policy so it isn't infected). It seems a bit random when it happens. I wouldnt be worried about it but sure run a virus check anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

This was actually first deployed by google to stop a worm spreading that infected boards using phpbb...

If you try and google for powered by phpbb it usually throws the error.

The worm was using that search term to find sites that were running certain versions of phpbb then going and infecting them..

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

"powered by phpbb" gives no error
    nor does