Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

pc keeps restarting after reboot

• 13-12-2005 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

this is turning into a ritual, anyway
    my machine, windows xp home, restarts after windows loads up, does it in SAFE MODE aswell,
    got recovery cd and re-installed [recovered] drivers and registry, no luck

before it restarts i had enough time to disable everything at startup - no luck

I think this is because i installed deamon tools, windows started finding new hardware and installing it, not sure but not sure how to fix this now, i could get windows ce or some linux and transfer stuff [as i have 2 hard drives] but ive alot of software/games installed that i dont wanna re do, ne suggestions.

Been googling all day, similar problem with some guy, who seemed to have stopped the daemon tools process at startup then un-installed starforce drivers,
    i think i tryed stopping daemon tools and no luck, besides nothing loads at startup now anyway.
    Not sure if i would have starforce in the first place ! damn warez !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Does it get to the Windows login screen or does it reboot just as it starts to load Windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

atload, i fixed it though after sacrificing a 1gb pro duo card.
    anyway everything seems fine now - yay,
    except this

i have no idea what it is and how to fix it ?
    HDD backup ?

Advertisement