Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3G phones.....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

liamskater wrote:
    ah well i know where you got the 49 now then, but you cant just in and buy it without credit and get the money off.i might get it as a spare....

He said 49 net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

right :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Motorola E770v is cool phone ive had it a month now and its doing fine . Good speaker (better than Nokia 6680 ) in sound!!!! I bought one in Belfast for my cousin in Greece for a xmas present and they unlocked it for me. The cover is silver and white though. I think the black is better though and you pay 130 pounds and only get 30 call credit so its not as good a deal as here. The good thing is i kept the sim it came with so i can now get Sky mobile TV channels free til end of January even on VF Ireland roaming i havnt been charged maybe they havnt cottened on yet.

I wonder if and when they will bring it out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

paul moore wrote:
    Hey i have a V980 3G and i have the same sim card from 1998 !! no problems yet !!
    i believe its possible that some old sim cards wont work for 3g functions, but vodafone will replace them for free with the same number on the new type of sim.
    if anyone has problems with old sims, get on to customer care.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Dellas wrote:
    Motorola E770v is cool phone ive had it a month now and its doing fine . Good speaker (better than Nokia 6680 ) in sound!!!! I bought one in Belfast for my cousin in Greece for a xmas present and they unlocked it for me. The cover is silver and white though. I think the black is better though and you pay 130 pounds and only get 30 call credit so its not as good a deal as here. The good thing is i kept the sim it came with so i can now get Sky mobile TV channels free til end of January even on VF Ireland roaming i havnt been charged maybe they havnt cottened on yet.

I wonder if and when they will bring it out here.

I stuck my VF UK sim into an unlocked e770v (and got the uk settings) and when I go to get the Mobile Tv channels I get a"link cannot be found" error - is this common like the "connection lost" error you get when acessing Sky News on VF IE ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

parsi wrote:
    I got mine for 99 with 100 credit and got one for herself for 109 with 100 credit. Due to hiccups registering hers she got a tenner credit so it worked out at 99 as well and she got it unlocked...

Do you mind if i ask how your Wife/Girlfriend got it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

How do you setup voice dialling on the motorola e770v?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

How do you setup voice dialling on the motorola e770v?

no set up for mine was necessary ....

Press and hold the green answer button, after a few seconds a menu comes up and a voice says 'say a command'

the screen gives you a 'list of commands' ..... say "name dial" it will ask you the name .... this is where you need to keep names simple in your phone book ..... i.e anne ... etc etc not initials etc

try the different commands ..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

I click on the D.audio player on my e770v and it says 'this application is out ofdate.verify time in time and date settings' i dont think i have anything on the digital audio player.... any ideas? it shouldnt be an issue of time and date??!

Advertisement