Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your top three artist albums of 2005

• 14-12-2005 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

1 goldfrapp - supernature
    2 madonna - confessions on the dance floor
    3 the prodigy - their law the singles collection
    The ony three albums I bought all year...quality not quantity!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

crossover - cryptic and dire sallow faced hoods blast off into oblivion
    tarwater - the needle was travelling
    death from above 1979 - youre a woman im a machine

in no particular order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Vitalic - OK Cowboy
    Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
    LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

they're the three that jumped into my mind first, anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Bell X1 - Flock
    Royskoop - The Understanding
    Super Furry Animals - Love Kraft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

best artist albums:

calibre "second sun" signature recordings [gorgeous reggae, soul and minimal techno influenced drum and bass straight out of belfast, my pick of the year!]

spirit "puzzle box" inneractive [available on 4 x 12" or on cd, the cd has the eight tunes of the 12"s as well as a load more experimental home listening type tunes... "calling card" and "siren" have been doing it for me... dangerous!]

can't really think of a third one to be honest... don't know if i bought more than two artist lp's... 2006 is going to be the year for artist albums... sooo much to look forward to!

best label compilations:

various artists "rare grooves volume 1" bassbin [dublin based drum and bass label compilation featuring local and international artists, best thing to come out of drum and bass in years if you ask me... proper breakbeat trickery, a variety of moods, complex rhythms and oodles of soul and sophistication with a reggae-but-not-ragga sensibility - absolutely essential]

v/a "winter of content" metalheadz - some strong tunes from equinox, a-sides, break, digital, heist, commix etc... fierce, cinematic techy neo-ravey stuff with lashings of dub and some paranoid militant vibes on there...

v/a "welcome to violence" violence recordings [San Francisco's finest present a strong and fiercely individual album thats more than a collection of singles - a strong coherent vibe that fuses elements of rock, dub, jazz, sixties car chase funk. film scores, asian music and hip hop... far more diverse than i thought it was going to be, and far more of an "album" than a compilation...]

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pmk19

mlyo - destroy rock and roll
    bloc party - silent alarm
    arcade fire - funeral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Hystereo - Corporate Crime Wave
    LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
    Soulwax - Nite Versions

I think Mylo and Arcade Fire were 2004.

EDIT:
    Honourable mentions:
    Adult. - Gimme Trouble
    Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I haven't bought an album in over a year and a half as i d/l them all for free :D but id chose Destroy Rock n Roll as the album of the year.

Advertisement