Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwinia Demo

Options
  • 14-12-2005 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Just downloaded this through steam tonight and played through it (only about 40 megs). I thought it was great fun and really original. Will probably add it to my digital stocking since it's just a measly $20.
    Insert rant about originality and good old fashioned fun in games here -> (although according to ign it's not the longest game in the world so its following modern pretences on that front).
    Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's a nice idea, with a great look and some interesting ideas. However, it does seem to become quite monotonous and tedius at times. Controlling your squads as they slowly wipe out the virii one by one is yawnorific. I also paid €50 or so at the time, which seemed a bit much.

The bones of a great game are there though. I think there's a sequel being planned too, so hopefully that'll fix the flaws.

It's exactly these kind of developers that need to succeed if the big publishers are to move away from their yearly sequel/licensed games reliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

really enjoyed this game, though at some points there was horrific slowdown but i did hav about 1million darwinnians fighting each other

apart from that had good fun with it, but it is a bit short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

madrab wrote:
    really enjoyed this game, though at some points there was horrific slowdown but i did hav about 1million darwinnians fighting each other

apart from that had good fun with it, but it is a bit short

Are you saying that the demo is a bit short or the actual game ? I played through the demo last night and had great fun and was considering buying it, as OP said, only $20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I enjoyed the demo. It is pretty original and I appreciated the references to past games and movies. Is the guy in the bottom left corner during the tutorial the creator of the game?

i meant the whole game, but i would still recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I bought the full game thru Steam last night. It's great fun. Kind of a cross between populous, lemmings and the sentinel (on c64 for those who can't remember). Also, the music at the start has a startling resemblance to the music on the C64 games of a time gone past. Another warning, you won't notice the time going by when playing it.

TC

that is one of may fgavourite things about the game, the way the loading screens at the start of the game are always different, loved the c64 version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I advise anyone who likes this to pick up a copy of Uplink. Great cyber punk game by the same people.

Advertisement