Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help cyrus buy a new car!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

unkel wrote:
    Good luck with your new car

Road tax on a 2.5 liter car is €821, so just over €300 more than the 1.8 Golf. This difference is negligible compared to the depreciation on either car though...

€300 - negligible...

I need a new job....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€300 - negligible...

I need a new job....:D

LOL, I meant compared to the depreciation which on either car will be about €3000 in the first year. You need 10 new jobs :)

unkel wrote:
    LOL, I meant compared to the depreciation which on either car will be about €3000 in the first year. You need 10 new jobs :)

Deprecation on a '01 (4 years old) is 3k per year?

The tax will be the same every year regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is road tax not over 900 on a 2.5l?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Cyrus wrote:
    sorry to disappoint everyone just bought a 01 golf gti with black leather recaros :D only 30,000 miles, will be going for the 200bhp remap treatment in a few weeks, cheers for all the help

thought about that beemer but 1k on road tax is just too much :(
    hey cyrus
    do ya mind me asking how much you paid for your golf? just cos im looking for one for my self....

I paid €14k for a 01 gti with black leather recaro interior and 31500 miles :) full service history, to be serviced before i pick her up and 1 yrs gearbox and engine warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Sounds like a good deal. Best of luck with it.
    Kind of suspected you had your heart set on a gti, so didn't bothering chipping in with further suggestions.
    Let us know what you make of it as time progresses...and don't forget to post some pics!
    Just think of the gti as another stepping stone and I'm sure you won't be disappointed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

bmoferrall wrote:
    Sounds like a good deal. Best of luck with it.
    Kind of suspected you had your heart set on a gti, so didn't bothering chipping in with further suggestions.
    Let us know what you make of it as time progresses...and don't forget to post some pics!
    Just think of the gti as another stepping stone and I'm sure you won't be disappointed ;)
    yeah i second the posting pics thing i like to see the GTI with the leather seats and all sounds real nice
    (i hope you have an alarm?? )

pics will follow prob post chrimbo ive a few bits and pieces i want to do :)

@BMoferral, ill keep her 18months or so then maybe an alfa gt or a bmw 330 or something :)

onwards and up!

• Advertisement

At this rate of change in 6 yrs you'll have a ferrari :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭ratminer

Nobody know how to negotiate ?

You have a €300 pa differential on the tax between the golf and the bmw - IF you had asked I 'might' have pushed in two years tax differential off the price to make it work for you, so you would have a golf @ 30Kmiles vs a bmw 323 @ 42K miles for cheaper....

anyway, enjoy the golf - they are easier to park anyway :)

sorry rathminer my insurance will now stay put aswell and this golf will be 200bhp is a few weeks and has the spec i required whereas if i bought ur beemer id have wanted new alloys etc, its a lovely car but id have needed 16k to have it the way i wanted

good luck sellin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Cyrus wrote:
    sorry rathminer my insurance will now stay put aswell and this golf will be 200bhp is a few weeks and has the spec i required whereas if i bought ur beemer id have wanted new alloys etc, its a lovely car but id have needed 16k to have it the way i wanted

good luck sellin
    Any pics for us Cyrus?

Cyrus wrote:
    pics will follow prob post chrimbo ive a few bits and pieces i want to do :)

@BMoferral, ill keep her 18months or so then maybe an alfa gt or a bmw 330 or something :)

onwards and up!

:) anywho only paid deposit picking up thursday!

Advertisement