Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A taste of their own medicine

Options
  • 14-12-2005 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Driving northbound on the M50 last night - the southbound lane clogged from the Finglas exit up to the toll bridge... Next thing I see loads of blue flashing lights - about 5 cop bikes - all forcing the traffic out of their way so that 3 black mercs could get up the M50 without delay. In my head I was thinking that if I saw them approaching behind I'd love to just sit there in the lane for a little while just to give them a little taste of what we motorists have to put up with every day... would be such great satisfaction!! :D Which got me thinking, if I was to do that, and the guards pulled me over, what would I be charged with?
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Probably preventing a garda from carrying out his duties.

And being a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If everybody did it....:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hagar wrote:
    If everybody did it....:D
    The gardai would arrest us all and have to bring everyone back to the station like this...
    small_Dscf0237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL @kbannon :)

Happens to me al the time around Baldonnel. Just means Bertie or whoever wants to go home a bit quicker than the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ah sure whats another 10 mins in the traffic - as long as ehh eh eh eh Bertie gets home for his eh tea on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

afaik,

you are under no obligation to pull over for a guard, fire engine or ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

kbannon! - excellent stuff! :D

Yes I could be charged with "obstructing Bertie's ability to view Coronation Street" or something. Ah know, of course I wouldnt do it, but its nice to have those little 'moments' in your head :D I wonder do the politicians think 'look at all those plebs in stuck in this traffic' as they are whisked though without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't be silly.. they don't see us "ordinaries" at all! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

in Moscow there is a dedicated traffic lane for use by politicians, so don't complain.

i've seen Bertie being driven around a few times. He's just in a Merc and can use the bus lanes.

They were probably foreign visitors or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I wonder does this magical ability of being able to get from A to B in a jiffy give them a false idea of how badly congested our roads really are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cyclonium

Haha. Actually blocked bertie off not so long ago. Himself in the pass seat of a merc and two others in a car behind.

Going in the finglas road, he was coming up the buslane and i was like who the **** do they think they are, so as it happened the bus lane ended just as they got up along side me and nosed ahead. I just said not a chance is he getting in ahead of me and kept goin.

Got stopped at a set of stopped traffic lights and had a good eyeball back to see who was there, and who was it but Bertie. First time I seen the lad in real life, caus im only from down the country. Didnt seem to happy bout being stuck in the lights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Haha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I don't see why they should be exempt from the effects of their actions (or in this case, inactions). He keeps banging on about being a man of the people, well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

has bertie passed his driving test yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

kbannon wrote:
    The gardai would arrest us all and have to bring everyone back to the station like this...
    small_Dscf0237.jpg
    How is that funny? Did you just find that picture recently, and were looking for any vague excuse to use it? The motorcycle is the only relevance to the topic....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

How is that funny? Did you just find that picture recently, and were looking for any vague excuse to use it? The motorcycle is the only relevance to the topic....

And whats your relevant topic.........hmm, Now move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

prospect wrote:
    afaik,

you are under no obligation to pull over for a guard, fire engine or ambulance.
    Of course you have to stop for the Gaurds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sangre wrote:
    Of course you have to stop for the Gaurds
    he aint talking about being flashed to pull in for inspection from the Garda... this is 'in traffic' scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Haha, "don't run from the Po-lice, boy" (... but officer, prospect on boards.ie said I didn't have to stop for you shower...)

Advertisement