Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precious Metals (also posted under 'precious metals' below)

Options
  • 14-12-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi there

I'm thinking of investing in Copper, Platinum, Palladium and other metals in the next six months as I feel global demand for raw materials is high in the medium term.

I'm looking at companies such as Aquarius Platinum, RioTinto, AntoFagasta, Kenmare and Compania Vale Rio Doce(NYSE)

Any hints on other companies or related sectors?

Cheers

MRichmont

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what's Palladium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MichelRichmont

A soft, ductile, steel-white, tarnish-resistant, metallic element occurring naturally with platinum, especially in gold, nickel, and copper ores. Because it can absorb large amounts of hydrogen, it is used as a purification filter for hydrogen and a catalyst in hydrogenation. It is alloyed for use in electric contacts, jewelry, nonmagnetic watch parts, and surgical instruments. Atomic number 46; atomic weight 106.4; melting point 1,552°C; boiling point 3,140°C; specific gravity 12.02 (20°C); valence 2, 3, 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Um, in future don't create a new thread needlessly. It would have been fine to just have left it as post in the other precious metals thread.

No harm done, just a request for the future. :)

Advertisement