Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder Suggestions

Options
  • 14-12-2005 11:18am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Getting a DVD Recorder for the TV this Christmas, I didnt think they were so expensive!

Has anybody any suggestions for a reasonably well priced DVD Recorder? I normaly use DVD-R/+R disks to burn and sometimes RW but that doesnt matter to much if I can get them all. Was looking at Komplett, some nice offers there. Thing is, I would of thought all DVD Players are nearly the same and a lot of the products on Komplett have different price ranges and nearly do the same thing!

So, if anyone has any suggestion on a good DVD Recorder for the TV - fire away. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

It depends on how much you want to spend, what sort of budget do you have??

Would you need a harddrive in it?? Would you need an iLink port or would you want Dual Layer recording?? These are the extras you pay for but if you wont use them then dont pay for them!!

If its a basic one Lidl have one tomorrow for under €200:

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20051215.p.DVD

There is a thread here about it.

For well priced and good spec machines Liteon are worth a look. You can get some of the Models in Argos (the Liteon VW5025 for approx €320 or so & the LiteOn LVW5006 for €180 or so)

The one I'd love is this but it costs around €1400 and it doesnt even do Dual Layer!!

When I get one I reckon it'll be this.

Any more questions let me know and I'll try my best to help out!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah im not looking for anything special at all. Budget of about 200euro. Once it works and does the job fairly well - ill be happy :) Ill just be watching DVD's of it (presume I can do that ya?) and burning the odd show onto a DVD-R/+R. Presume there isnt any DVD Recorders that let me play one DVD while burning it onto a disk (all for roughly 200euro?)?

And, would I be able to fit a whole film onto a DVD Disk (single layer)? I know I can with my DVD Burner in my PC but maybe this is different.

Is it even worth getting anyway? I dont know how much id burn onto it oOo. They seem fairly expensive!

Advertisement