Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a ranked BF2 server? whats involved?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

HI guys,
    Over at 1st-IB we are getting our BF2 division up and running and was wondering whats involved in getting a BF2 ranked server. I oftem play on the TIG or Gff ranked servers so im sure those lads would know. We have an unranked BF2 server as we baught our own box and can put what we want on it. I did a bit of googling and found one place offering ranker servers but they seemed a little pricy.

Can any one tell me what we need to do to get our server either ranked or a cheap place to get a ranked server from.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

AFAIK there is only one ranked server provider in Ireland www.gaming365.ie in the UK it's www.multiplay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I didtnent know 365 did game servers, i`ll take a look over there .
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

http://www.fps.net

these are another english crowd u can try.

£ 642.60 from FPS
    32 man debranded public server

10 month lease ( + 2 free months)

gaming365's price

1,000.00 EUR (Euro) = 692.038 GBP (United Kingdom Pounds)

£85 less that multiplay

Thats not bad at all cheap. We really only want a 24 man but if a 32 man is just as cheap we may go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oh my god you guys are paying one grand a year for those servers, never thought it'd cost so much, cheers guys:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Game servers do take up a lot of bandwidth and etc. etc.

You can also look at rack365.ie where you can get your own actual server. That would allow you to run at least 2 or so servers [depending on the machine you get].

Gaming365.ie servers though would be regularly kept up to date and would serve you better if you are only looking for one server or so.

HOWEVER, do remember. If you are running a ranked server you CANNOT password it. You will be unalbe to password it for training or matches.

Yeah we already have an unranked server for said porpouses.

Advertisement