Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional Licence/Motorway?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

I know its against the law but how people actually wait to get there full licence to drive on it?
    A guy i know started driving on monady and was gone up the motorawayt friday (Trainie Garda FYI) but is it taken as a very serious offence to do so or the the Garda just say "hey, I know the Full Licence system is a joke and it will take you over a year to get a test so go on!!!":D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

For crying out loud, do we really need yet another one of these threads? Someone close it quickly, please, before I say something I might regret!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I'm gonna guess that as a trainee Garda, your mate is going to get let off lightly anyway if they are stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

DO NOT DRIVE ON THE MOTORWAY WITH A PROVISIONAL LICENCE

DO NOT DRIVE IN THE OUTSIDE LANE OF A MOTORWAY UNLESS YOU ARE OVERTAKING, AND YOU ARE NOT HOLDING UP ANY TRAFFIC BY DOING SO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Alun wrote:
    For crying out loud, do we really need yet another one of these threads? Someone close it quickly, please, before I say something I might regret!

Alun, why get your nickers in a knot about these kind of things. If you have seen this thread before, simply ignore it. Alot of people won't have seen this thread.

As for driving on the motorway with a provisional, it is possible you can be prosecuted heavily for doing it, but it is unlikely to happen. The risky thing about driving on the motorway on a provisional is if you're in an accident, you could be in big trouble then. You would also want to make sure that your insurance company will cover you if you had an accident there. I would try to avoid driving on it but if you need to commute to work then I guess theres no choice but to. Get some good experience driving though those large roundabouts coming onto the motorway can be a hairy experience for the learner driver. I commuted on the m50 everyday for 2 months before I got my full licence and I had no problems at all. Just be careful and confident

pontovic wrote:
    Alun, why get your nickers in a knot about these kind of things. If you have seen this thread before, simply ignore it. Alot of people won't have seen this thread.
    Because we get one of these as regular as clockwork every month or so, and all the usual bollocks about it being perfectly OK "as long as you're careful" and "you won't get stopped anyway, so it's OK" are trotted out every time.

I think I'm going to start a thread entitled "I'm pretty good at MS Flight Sim, is it OK if I go out and start flying jumbo jets on my own?"

Use the search function, that's what it's there for. (And yes, before anyone asks, yes it has been reinstated!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Alun wrote:
    Because we get one of these as regular as clockwork every month or so, and all the usual bollocks about it being perfectly OK "as long as you're careful" and "you won't get stopped anyway, so it's OK" are trotted out every time.

I think I'm going to start a thread entitled "I'm pretty good at MS Flight Sim, is it OK if I go out and start flying jumbo jets on my own?"

Use the search function, that's what it's there for. (And yes, before anyone asks, yes it has been reinstated!)

Well i m so sorry for ruining your day boo woo poor little baby!!!
    ****in idiot.

Thanks for your advice lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Why are u asking if it is ok to drive as a learner on the motorway when it states clearly on the blue and white sign on entering the motorway "No L Drivers" and also in your rules of the road. It mistifys me why people ask that question when they already know what the answer is:confused:

The_Goose wrote:
    Well i m so sorry for ruining your day boo woo poor little baby!!!
    ****in idiot.
    On the contrary, you haven't ruined my day at all, but don't be surprised if you get a ban for comments like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First off we have the search function working again so when wishing to comment on a subject its worth checking if we've done it already and add any comments to the existing post.

Second, abuse of a board member will not be tolerated. The_Goose banned for a week.

Finally, thread closed as its serving no useful purpose.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement