Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribe to user

Options
  • 14-12-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

We can subscribe to threads and thats fine. How about allowing the ability to subscribe to a user? For mods it would be really useful if we wanted to keep an eye on certain users for whatever reason. It could possibly be limited to just mods within their own forums if database issues were a concern.

Big Boards Brother is watching j00
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Look, As much as you love my posts, there's no need to follow me around... :)

In fairness, it probably would be handy if we could implement a "watch list", exactly the same as a buddy list, except the person doesn't come up as your buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

seamus wrote:
    exactly the same as a buddy list

Not exactly the same, as the buddy list doesnt notify you when your buddy has made a post. But ya, a watch list would be neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Stalker-tastic! I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

We can subscribe to threads and thats fine. How about allowing the ability to subscribe to a user? For mods it would be really useful if we wanted to keep an eye on certain users for whatever reason. It could possibly be limited to just mods within their own forums if database issues were a concern.

Big Boards Brother is watching j00
    I agree, but on provision that hitting the "Stalk this user" button emails you their home address, work address, phone number, school timetable and a comprehensive list of their fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

if you want to find if any of your buddies are online, why dont you click Quick links beside search and log out and select open buddy list.

Tis handy ya know.

• Advertisement

Sparky I dont care if they are online. I want to know if they have posted or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

RopeDrink wrote:
    Why not go all out and add a feature that displays the users status with Boards, such as 'Banned From Forum's X, Y and Z' and how long they have been banned from said forums...

At least that way, all it takes is a brief look at the list (and ban reason), and you know when these little bastids can be unbanned and allowed back into Forum X, Y or Z...

I think it could be a very simple, but powerful tool, to aid us all in our moderationisms.

EDIT: Also, if people on said list, for whatever reason, get site banned then they are washed from all mod watchlists as to save... erm, space? Anyways, just a thought.

I like this idea

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Smods have this facility already. It tracks your exact path on boards for a period of one week. This captures all movements from who you pm, what private forums you post in, your subscribed threads, your subscribed forums, I think it even searches your hard-drive for anti-boards propaganda iirc.

I suppose we could ask if the Admins can allow it for all users but I can't imagine that anyone would use it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Horay for data retention!

Gordon wrote:
    I suppose we could ask if the Admins can allow it for all users but I can't imagine that anyone would use it tbh.

If we could have it for *just mods*, and I'd use it definately. Theres a chap in FS Mobile that I need to keep an eye on once I unban him in 2 weeks.

dibswolleneyeball.jpg

6000th post - hoora

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If we could have it for *just mods*, and I'd use it definately. Theres a chap in FS Mobile that I need to keep an eye on once I unban him in 2 weeks.

dibswolleneyeball.jpg

6000th post - hoora
    As long as you have your name changed to "GoneStalkin", I fully support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pff, topical name changes just arent cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I like that idea.

John

Advertisement