Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Songs that aren't about Christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard Annie Lennox and Al Green's "Put a Little Love" on the radio and thought to myself, other than being in the film Scrooged it's not really about Christmas.

It got me thinking are there any other songs that get played every year at Christmas time that aren't about Christmas.

The only other one I can think of is the East 17 song.

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Years ago the big Christmas song was Mulligan's Tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heinrich wrote:
    Years ago the big Christmas song was Mulligan's Tyre.

I take it that is a play on words?

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

u mean like Christmas no.1's???.....
    well,my mam has a xmas cd with Robbie Williams "Angels" and Frankie Goes To Hollywood "the Power Of Love"....."Mad World" wasnt very Christmassy either,now was it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Check it out. Best christmas song ever:D

DR. ELMO - Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

u mean like Christmas no.1's???.....
    well,my mam has a xmas cd with Robbie Williams "Angels" and Frankie Goes To Hollywood "the Power Of Love"....."Mad World" wasnt very Christmassy either,now was it???
    No. I mean songs that are played every Christmas but are not Christmas songs.

B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement