Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good shops in Dublin CC for *nice* runners

• 14-12-2005 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    So I'm in the market for a new pair of runners/sneakers/whatever ... I'm not even going to bother with the champion/marathon sports stores, since the last time I walked into one - all I could see was a wall of exactly the same kind of runner... you could either buy a pair of white air-max style runners or those poxy red Filas. :rolleyes: (literally, I couldn't believe it!)
    Anyway, I assume tasteful/individual shoppers have already abandoned those stores which is why they're no longer being catered for.

I've heard Schuh (sp?) mentioned in some other threads here, but I remember the one time I visited them years ago, they were selling horrible runners at extreme prices. :eek:

So where do you shop?
    I'm looking for something skater-ish, comfortable and non-skanger... and without the rip-off prices if possible.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Try PullAndBear - decent runners, quite cheap. Otherwise Schuh have loads of skaterish type runners, but they are expensive (unless you catch their sale - which is always excellent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sparkly1

Heya! Office has preety cool shoes too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

PullAndBear looks good... nice find.
    Their website lists the CC branch as Roches... do I have to wander around inside Roches looking for it, or is there a street entrance? (not my faverite spot is Henry street tbh)

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

You'll have to wander around I'm afraid. Don't think its too hard to find.

• Advertisement

try ofice, grafton street! also maybe Lacoste do nice runners sometimes...

oh and River Island!!;)

Hey Sparkly, welcome to boards :P
    Damn though, I don't fancy trekking from Henry St. all the way up to Grafton... I'm an in-and-out-in-20-minutes kinda shopper... stealthy like a ninja aswell :D

yay my first welcome!! :D thanks!! ok, where are you thinking of shopping so?? Henry street?

Mmm, well that's where PullAndBear is... so if I'm to check out both, it's going to mean a long walk. (Hmm unless I had one of those Segways :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Schuh is the best shop by a good way for sneakers!

Remem to get a student discount of 10% tho, even if you aren't a student you shud b able to ask someone around you to get them for ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

yeah schuh are great, i got a lovely pair of yellow and black osiris shoes in there for like 65 quid...

the one in jervis street seems to have a nicer selection than the one on o'connell street oddly enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Hey i never knew you were a SKATERBOI!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

There's an Office on Henry St too if that helps. And to save you looking around the Pull & Bear is on the 1st floor in Roches, straight in front of you when you get off the escalator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Schuh is probably your best bet by a distance, but I'd wait for their sale now, as it will be on in a few weeks. We really don't have a great variety of shoe shops in Ireland.

Ah good stuff, thanks for the suggestions all.
    Would never have even thought of looking in Roches.

@Kulgan: I don't think that really helped but thanks for the effort !

Advertisement