Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers you play on

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rellik

Play mostly CS:S on the The Irish Online Army, [IOA] 2 public servers. They have just announced a new BF2 ranked server which was launched at the end of last week. Played on it for a while over the weekend and even when it had 54 players there was no lag.. There are 64 Slots available on it and the server is running on a dual opteron behemoth.

IP = 86.53.238.48
    Port = default 16567

Great job [IOA]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

bumped into a GFF guy (dont remember name) over the weekend, when i say bumped into i mean

i was chasing a mig in an f35, had him damaged to dark smoke and along came this other plane streaking in front of me trying to steal the kill and i rammed him, not having much time to evade. Needless to say i got a teamkill....then he punished me..... And if that wasnt all he proceeded to shout me down on chat calling me a noob pilot and telling me to leave the server. LOL.
    so anyway i switched teams and made sure he stayed on the ground.

so now the only thing i think of GFF is that they are all d1cks, good ambassador guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive ever had a problem with any of these guys, I think they are a very sound bunch of lads. Was it on their server or another server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jaggeh wrote:
    so now the only thing i think of GFF is that they are all d1cks, good ambassador guys.

Problems with GFF as pointed out before should be on there forums not here.

Also not impressed with just coming on here starting on GFF, giving a bad rep to a great group of guys from anytime I have played with them. This is a public server to everyone and should not be used to bad mouth a certain clan. This is why clans have there own forums. I wouldn't think TIG would take too kindly to something like this been posted on boards. Go to GFF forum and discuss there.

Also get a grip, its only a game!!

Oh yeah guys out of the whole clan thing so can comment now on all clans...me looks at you TIG:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

jaggeh wrote:

I have played with or around alot of the GFF guys since before they were even GFF and always had a good and fair time with them . I think it's more than a bit harsh to post that on these forums , surely a post like that should be put in a section on the GFF forums .

John

that would involve going to their site, subscribing to their forum and then posting. its far easier to tar them all with the same brush here.

i wasnt the only one having problems with them. its no skin off my nose i have a group of sound guys i play bf2 with all the time.

Big Nelly wrote:

Oh yeah guys out of the whole clan thing so can comment now on all clans...me looks at you TIG:eek:

you could say how nice BTC were , thats if you ever joined our server :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jonski wrote:
    you could say how nice BTC were , thats if you ever joined our server :p

Used to be on it alot man, was great server. I lost the IP and haven't been on it in ages. Post IP and I will see you tonight there. Some great games on Karkland against you guys. Another sound server:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

used to play on TiG alot but its empty anytime i look at it nowadays?
    Whats the ip for Freddy's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Scruff wrote:
    used to play on TiG alot but its empty anytime i look at it nowadays?
    Whats the ip for Freddy's?

if it was 32 it would fill but 64 is evil!!!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Used to be on it alot man, was great server. I lost the IP and haven't been on it in ages. Post IP and I will see you tonight there. Some great games on Karkland against you guys. Another sound server:D

For all those that don't remember the IP it is 85.236.100.7:30264

Go forth and multiplay

Pm me on xfire for a spot if it is full , or better still pm me through paypal ...with a fiver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

jonski wrote:

Go forth and multiplay

Pm me on xfire for a spot if it is full , or better still pm me through paypal ...with a fiver :)

I'll be there 2 if that's cool I'm a newb but not a nob, going for the pistol award thingy tonight, so will prob get that purple heart in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

jaggeh wrote:

i wasnt the only one having problems with them. its no skin off my nose i have a group of sound guys i play bf2 with all the time.

Then i suggest you go play with them and stop complaining about a clan thats pretty much built its reputation on thier friendliness and sense of fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Greenback

jaggeh wrote:
    that would involve going to their site, subscribing to their forum and then posting. its far easier to tar them all with the same brush here.

are these "sound guys" you play with, all as narrow minded and idiotic as yourself to make generalised comments about an entire group of people because of an alleged incident with 1 of said group? the name of whom you conveniently cant remember as maybe they would have an entirely different story to tell? Being a member of GFF doesnt mean we have to put up with idiots taking the piss ingame, but if someone is a decent "person", notice I said "person" not "player" then i'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 people would get on with anyone from GFF. Maybe thats why you clashed.....? Or maybe you're right and the GFF member was in the wrong, try backing your accusations up with the name of the player and i'm sure it would be addressed by the other members, or is that too mature a way of doing things for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

jaggeh wrote:
    bumped into a GFF guy (dont remember name) over the weekend, when i say bumped into i mean

i was chasing a mig in an f35, had him damaged to dark smoke and along came this other plane streaking in front of me trying to steal the kill and i rammed him, not having much time to evade. Needless to say i got a teamkill....then he punished me..... And if that wasnt all he proceeded to shout me down on chat calling me a noob pilot and telling me to leave the server. LOL.

Haha, funniest thing I've read in a while. You rammed a guy intentionally and your sore he punished? Funny man.

As a matter of interest, what was his name and what server was it?

jonski wrote:

Go forth and multiplay

Sorry to anyone looking for this last night , server was down earlier on and none of my muppets knew how to restart it ( I was not snoozing on the couch....I was power napping ) . Twas 9:30 before I got online and about 11 o clock before the server filled up .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

jonski wrote:
    Sorry to anyone looking for this last night , server was down earlier on and none of my muppets knew how to restart it ( I was not snoozing on the couch....I was power napping ) . Twas 9:30 before I got online and about 11 o clock before the server filled up .

Whats yer xfire perhaps I can follow ya in for a killing or two.

I intend to take you to task about this question later ( what exactly does that mean ...take you to task .pff )

Jonski in boards , Jonski in all games , Jonski in xfire , Jonski in everything!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Then i suggest you go play with them and stop complaining about a clan thats pretty much built its reputation on thier friendliness and sense of fun

couldn`t have said it better myself...........never had anything other than good craic on the G.F.F server ,well admined ,sound bunch of ppl.
    only gripe I have with them is the one and only purple heart in my stats was gained on their server ,one very hungover morning.......:p

• Advertisement

Just to add to this , and make matters worse , .................you already had me added to your xfire ........long ago............

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

jaggeh wrote:

i havent been active in GFF due to being abroad for college, for the past 5 months ive been living with the angriest mid-lander (longford) you have ever met and he has rubbed of substantially, so heres my say,

listen you clown, shut your pie hole, what the f*ck age are ya anyway? grow the f*ck up and stop acting like a whiny little c*ntrag.

you ram a team mate on purpose and your pissed that you got punished, f*ck off. you'll get less sympathy than gary glitter from me.

bloody degenerate

read the ****ing post you moron, i was attacking something and he pulled in front of me to try kill steal, giving me no oppertunity to avoid hitting him. Then punishing me when it was clearly his fault.

its players of this caliber that get perfectly good players kicked and banned off servers for no reason at all.

im sick to death of ignorant ****s like yourself. i suppose you're the type of person to lie in front of planes and punish the pilot who ran you over. but omg he teamkilled you so what right has he got to complain.

if you are also GFF then you are just reinforcing my opinion that you are al a shower of ****tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

jaggeh wrote:
    if you are also GFF then you are just reinforcing my opinion that you are al a shower of ****tards.

Your not the best yourself there hunny bun.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

jaggeh and Fade banned for 1 week for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Baked

Jaggeh wrote

I registered just so I could reply to your e-whine. In the amount of time you've spent whining on this thread you could have come over to the GFF forums and complained in the appropriate manner rather than going for an unsubstantiated public flaming of all GFF members. Who was it that you have a problem with? You seem to remember many of the details except for this one important fact. There are always admins around and in my experience they have always been very fair, if you've got a problem then tell an admin or report it on the GFF forum!?!

I very much doubt that it was intentional kill-stealing, jet piloting is pretty fast and furious in BF2 and I doubt pilots take the time to check to see if someone is already chasing down a target before they fire... However by your own admission your teamkill was on purpose.

So please, come over and register. Tell us who you have a problem with so they can defend themselves. Otherwise please feel free to shut up and never come back to the server. I don't think you'll be missed. If you do come back I don't think you'll be missed either, most of GFF are pretty good shots these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Indeed Baked. If he has a complaint go to the source, public flamming is not the way forward. Thanks for posting.

Although he wont see this for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

Hmmm I thought this was a thread about wich server ppl played on.
    But it seems to be "let's give G.F.F sh*t" instead. Could somebody please get this thread back on topic ? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

TiG
    any kplay or multiplay servers usually low pings

• Advertisement

Dane wrote:
    Hmmm I thought this was a thread about wich server ppl played on.
    But it seems to be "let's give G.F.F sh*t" instead. Could somebody please get this thread back on topic ? ;)

Actually I payed them to start it so that more people would play on the BTC server , but don't tell Jimeatsmenu , shuuuusssss

Advertisement