Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost S2 coming to RTE in april (according to Dave Fanning)

• 14-12-2005 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Was listening to Dave Fannings show on Monday after work. They were talking about good tv shows. Anyway he said that Lost wouldn't start until RTE more or less had Desparate Housewives out of the way. He reckoned April was a likely rough start date.

So, damn. Oh well...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 torinoblue

was this the same evening some lunatic rang up claiming that the lost numbers had nearly appeared in the irish lottery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Yes, the very same night. :D This info came from Dave himself though so its more reliable than that messer although it may only be rumors going around in RTE. Can't believe Dave was half believing him.

I checked the last few weeks and no such occurence happened.

I will download the episode and see what was said, do you know around what time it happened?

somewhere between 6:15 and 7 is about the best i can narrow it down to. He said it around the same time that guy came on about the lotto numbers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

april!!!! bloody typical of rte!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

5 of the numbers came up in one of the lotto plus draws a couple of weeks back

i know, itll be almost over in the US by then. Its kind of annoying RTE show all the good US shows after Xmas every year (apart from ER). They squeeze everything in then and theres f all on before Xmas.

5 of the numbers came up in one of the lotto plus draws a couple of weeks back

have you seen that, or are you just repeating what you heard, because I can't find it. It is an urban myth as far as I can see.

Can anyone provide a date for this happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

torinoblue wrote:
    have you seen that, or are you just repeating what you heard, because I can't find it. It is an urban myth as far as I can see.

Urban myth, me arse!

There's even a video of it happening!

November 19th - See here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

torinoblue wrote:

No. It actually happened. The numbers were printed in the newspapers and everything. There was a thread on the forum here with links to the video footage of the draw.

The numbers were 4,8,15,16,23,24 (so only the last number was wrong, and even then it was just the wrong way around.)

• Advertisement

excellent, a few weeks ago, not last week, as was said on the show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

torinoblue wrote:

It is true .. Baaahh crawl back under your stone ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I wasn expecting it til may/june because that when a lot of new shows usually start. Ah well there are the lucky ones like myself who have cousins!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

For those of you who can't see my facial expressions, I'm being sarcastic!

Wouldn't it have been nice to have seen lost during christmas ( Or perhaps something else that was not a Repeat) instead of:
    1. Close encounters 2. Killinascully ( uninteresting and not funny) 3. Micheal collins again. ( i love the man but I've seen it you know) 4. NAked camera 5. Stew ( how is an idiot behind a set of drums saying great funny?) and so on...

anyways main reason i'm posting this reply is to keep this thread alive and near the top so we can hopfully get more info on when rte plan to air this fairly good show.

Yours all yours bloodninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

torinoblue wrote:
    was this the same evening some lunatic rang up claiming that the lost numbers had nearly appeared in the irish lottery?
    now...dont be geh... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851974

the top link will be wrong because it only shows the latest numbers

Advertisement