Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreaming of the dead?

• 14-12-2005 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i feel i have to contribute because i read a lot of threads here, but never seem to reply, but at the same time i am very curious.

I posted some months ago, about the same time as my father died, looking for a psychic, and thanks to katiek and a few others, i deleted my original post, as i was very desperate for answers at the time, i put too much personal information on the post. Its been some months since my dad died, im not going to go in to too much detail, but i have a lot of guilty feelings over his death ( more to do with things before he even got sick ) Ive been through bouts of depression, and have worked through them. I am very curious to know if anyone else has expeerienced these strange symptoms after a death of a loved one, maybe in the same kind of expeereince as me.

Last weekend, i was very down, the christmas coming up, finding an old photo, and other factors, i was very upset, and through feeling this way, i was angry with my dad, angry that he didnt fight his illness more, stupid i know, but grief mixed with despair makes you think stupid things. Anyway, i was saying out loud, things like " You gave up " Why did you have to die " etc, which i know is a normal part of grief. That night, i dreamt of my dad, i have only dreamt of him maybe 2 times since his death, and both situations were simelar. In the dream, i couldnt see his face, but KNEW it was him. I was sitting facing him on a sofa, and i asked him again ( In my dream ) why he gave up. In the dream, i could hear his voice loud and clear, and he said " I didnt give up, my body did " I then woke with an instant feeling of love/happiness, so much so, i felt like crying with happiness! The dream was so real, it got me thinking, is this a common dream when someone has passed on, or is it a psycological thing? I would love to hear from anyone else if they have had simelar expeeriences, or anyones opinion for that matter. Also, on a seperate note, would someone mind PM'ing me the Name/Contact details of a good medium/Psychic in the dublin area please, much appriciated.

Sub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I had similar experiences after my father passed. :)
    I'll pm you Carol Byrnes details but as far as I know shes in kildare, but she might be able to put you in touch with someone in your locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

Cheers Solas, Much Appriciated thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
    I had a similar thing with a very good friend of mine, he was like a dad to me. I was so down and upset when he died and he came through in a dream and told me not to be so silly, that he was out of pain and at peace and he hugged me. It was so real.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hi Sub:)

Your type of experience is really common, Ive read about it many times, and Ive had people tell me its happened to them also. The main thing in common is the great sense of comfort this kind of dream brings. A psychologist might say you had the dream because your dad was on your mind, but I like to believe that this is a gentle way for spirit to get a message across without freaking us out. In any case it sounds like you got something good from it.

Hope you eventually get to a medium when the time is right:)

Thanks all for the kind replies. As things turned out, a really freaky thing happened, a few nights after i posted...

In my dream, i was on a plane, i knew my dad was there, but couldnt see him.
    He kept whispering to me.. " Dont worry about money, its all going to change " after he whispered this to me a few times, i woke up.

I thought it was just my upcoming holiday to new york on my mind, but in the same day, my sister won a fair amount of money.. lets just say thousands..
    and of course the decent soul she is, gave me a few quid, which helped me pay all my back rent:) , and enough over for the holiday!!! More drems like that one would do me!! Seriously though, since that earlier dream, i have not felt 70% as bad/down, and finaly have embraced the christmas spirit.

In case i dont get to say it beforehand, happy christmas to everyone on this forum, i dont think you realise the service you provide! I know ppl who felt so stupid over having spiritual/paranormal events happen them, i now just point them to this forum, they all tell me it has helped them immensley. So happy christmas to you all.

Sub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

glad all is well Subliminal. Wouldn't mind a few extra bob myself.

tc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

My mum passed away on Easter Sunday in 2004 (11th April04) and only 10 days prior to her death I sat at my computer in Dublin and felt her calling me.
    I immediately flew over to Frankfurt and indeed she passed on shortly after my arrival.

You just want them around, all the ones that you lost along the way, isn´t it.

So, "giving out" to the deseased loved ones for giving up or leaving or whatever is pretty normal.

Dreams, I find, are tricky to say the least. I acknowledge that a lot of information get channelled through dreams and yet, also I long for it so much, my mum didn´t show up often in my dreams after her passing on.

Pretty certain is, in any case, that bereavement takes time and the only way to get sadness out of the system is by "flushing" it out through crying.

So, everytime you feel like crying, try not to hold back.

My mum passed away on Easter Sunday in 2004 (11th April04) and only 10 days prior to her death I sat at my computer in Dublin and felt her calling me.
    I immediately flew over to Frankfurt and indeed she passed on shortly after my arrival.
    You just want them around, all the ones that you lost along the way, isn´t it.
    So, "giving out" to the deseased loved ones for giving up or leaving or whatever is pretty normal.
    Dreams, I find, are tricky to say the least. I acknowledge that a lot of information get channelled through dreams and yet, also I long for it so much, my mum didn´t show up often in my dreams after her passing on.
    Pretty certain is, in any case, that bereavement takes time and the only way to get sadness out of the system is by "flushing" it out through crying.
    So, everytime you feel like crying, try not to hold back.

I agree with you there, i think its trying to fight the emotions that make things worse. And you say your mum didnt show up often in your dreams? Thats the exact way it was for me in the first 7/8 months. My firend is a psychologist, he says the body protects itself from serious emotional harm by not allowing the images to come to you at the start of the grieving period.
    All i know is, i would love to be able to consiously have a conversation in my dream!

Advertisement