Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Controllers?

• 14-12-2005 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in dublin to buy non-microsoft original xbox controllers? e.g madcatz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Most game shops have them. HMV on Grafton St has loads I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i think game do their own xbox controllers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Any branch of GAME should have own-brand controllers, and HMV, Virgin and Dixons should have MadCatz ones... including the MicroCon I've been promising myself for AGES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

in my opinion i dont think you should get a madcatz wireless controller, me and my brother got 4 between us and each of em f*cked up, after about a week the left stick on all of them started to turn to the left and you can't stop it, they come with a 3 year warranty but it's still not worth it:mad:

Thanks for the feedback... the reason I was thinking of going for a MicroCon is because I have very small girly hands, and for certain games *cough*Halo*cough* I find the S controller a little too big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Thanks for the feedback... the reason I was thinking of going for a MicroCon is because I have very small girly hands, and for certain games *cough*Halo*cough* I find the S controller a little too big.

:D You find the s controller too big, lol, **** you must have munchkin like hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Laguna wrote:
    :D You find the s controller too big, lol, **** you must have munchkin like hands!

Hehe, well at least the 360 pad is even smaller then the S

True... found the 360 pad very comfortable when I tried it out in Smyths the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Im not sure if these are the ones you guys are talking about but have you seen the ones in hmv? they are wireless & pretty damn tiny. Their 3rd party but seem nice enough, dont have that tacky 3rd party look about em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

Skywalker, are those the tiny wireless orange ones? DO NOT GET THEM!!! No matter how girly your hands are!:D
    got one of those as wel and i took it out and plugged it in, worked for a day!
    got a replacement and same thing happened again! I HATE MADCATZ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

why not get a ps2 controller adapter? they're better controllers anyway

Because the PS2 controller is all wrong for FPS. Now if somebody did GC controller adaptors that would be a whole other matter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Skywalker, are those the tiny wireless orange ones? DO NOT GET THEM!!! No matter how girly your hands are!:D
    got one of those as wel and i took it out and plugged it in, worked for a day!
    got a replacement and same thing happened again! I HATE MADCATZ!

I thought they were green, but other than that they sound like the same ones. A mate has them & he swears by them
    Because the PS2 controller is all wrong for FPS. Now if somebody did GC controller adaptors that would be a whole other matter :D

I couldve sworn Id seen those around, but a quick google turned up nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Does anyone know how much a cheap controller for original Xbox would be - eg a Game/Gamestop controller?

I want to play Halo with my mates, but they've only two controllers.

Might go into town this evening and pick one up if its cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was doing a search to see if there were any reviews of third party contollers out there. THe first hit on google I got was this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/10/news_6130691.html

Seems MS want to lock out any third party hardware companies that don't give them a piece of their money.

Does anyone know how good the controllers are that HMV have? I was close to getting one today. They are 25 quid versus the 55 that HMV want for the official units.

Well a third party controller in GAME is €14.99 if you're buying it with anything else in store, and they're not bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Yeah, that was a good deal, but the €14.99 without any other purchase at Argos was better.

Well worth it, had a great 4 hours of MP Halo last night :D

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Does anybody know if original Xbox controllers will work with the 360???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They don't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Ciaran500 wrote:
    They don't work.

Grand So

Thanks

The girlfriend is buying me a steering wheel for Christmas, will just have to use it on the PS2 so

Maybe someone will come up with a converter some day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

I was doing a search to see if there were any reviews of third party contollers out there. THe first hit on google I got was this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08...s_6130691.html

Seems MS want to lock out any third party hardware companies that don't give them a piece of their money.

another reason not to buy a 360. its a pity really, it could have been fantastic. think ill stick with the xbox1 for awhile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

niall mc wrote:
    another reason not to buy a 360. its a pity really, it could have been fantastic. think ill stick with the xbox1 for awhile...
    How is that a reason at all to not buy a Xbox360 and how does it stop the 360 from being "fantastic"? Sony did the same with PS2 memory cards, every card had to use Sony's "Magic Gate" technology.

Advertisement