Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hole in the wall

Options
  • 14-12-2005 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

guys gimme your opinions on the Hole in The Wall.. verdicts are really mixed! Staff are hot though! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Haven't been in there in years. Its a very young crowd - not really my scene. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

C-J wrote:
    guys gimme your opinions on the Hole in The Wall.. verdicts are really mixed! Staff are hot though! ;)
    Watch out! Someone works in the Hole in the Wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Watered-down drinks, wimmenz of questionable age, legality and sexual health.

Most aptly-named pub in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They served me flat lukewarm guinness that tasted more vile than that of the college bar. They must burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

€2 pint of Tenants you cant go wrong, but ya they will serve anyone. My 16 years old cusin and his friends were first to bring me there. Thats saying somthing

• Advertisement

ah you cant disrespect the holy wall!although it seems that place is full of leitrim people on a thursday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

SyxPak wrote:
    Watered-down drinks, wimmenz of questionable age, legality and sexual health.

Most aptly-named pub in Galway.

aye aye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Cant slag off any pub serving €2 pints. Often got locked here on less than €20. Suppose thats all its got going for it though.

Yes you can. Speaking of cans, learn to economise the money, buy booze in the offie.

Christ, young people these days :rolleyes: :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bad bar staff (need to be more servile/attentive)
    Young crowd (stop pinching my ar$e)
    Cheap beer (lovely)

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Yes you can. Speaking of cans, learn to economise the money, buy booze in the offie.

Christ, young people these days :rolleyes: :v:

No you cant. Going where there are €2 pints is economising money. I dont like drinking at home and Im not going to sit out in the freezing cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Cheap pints. Shame they taste like flat rat urine.
    That's just a guess though, I have no idea what flat rat urine really tastes like. Something like Hole in the Wall's beer though.

Nice boobies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ugh. It's a place for 17 year old first year NUIG students. Horrible, horrible place.

Anyone who goes there deserves whatever STDs they contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Ugh. It's a place for 17 year old first year NUIG students.
    And what's wrong with that if you are one yourself? Granted it gets jammed on a thursday night but there's plenty of eye-candy on show and they're commerce most of them, like myself!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And this is a good thing?

Paekleton has the right of it.

And what's wrong with that if you are one yourself? Granted it gets jammed on a thursday night but there's plenty of eye-candy on show and they're commerce most of them, like myself!:)

Because your seed should be wiped from this planet.

There are plenty of far superior drinking emporiums on offer in this city if you want a bit of craic.
    A decent proportion of NUIG freshers are under-age for drinking. Those first few months suck. I didn't turn 18 till near the end of the 2nd semester. I was out in pubs and clubs in Galway a good bit. If I didn't get in, I'd sort myself somewhere else.

There's no excuse for drinking in that place unless you're incapable of summoning the testicular fortitude to find a better pub.

As for the price of beverages there, I don't call €2 for a pint of watered-down piss good value. €4 for a pint of good beer (4-5%) in a comfortable atmosphere is far better on anyone's scale.

Commerce students. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Burn, burn I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Very small, but has a bit of character. Im a 2nd year but its my first year in Galway and it was one of the first pubs I was in. It can be very crowded but I like it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Commerce students. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Burn, burn I say.

And what's wrong with commerce students??:confused:
    (Don't say "what's right with them :v:"):mad: :mad:

Ye're only doing commerce because ye were too thick to do Arts.

*zing* ;)

• Advertisement

And what's wrong with commerce students??:confused:
    (Don't say "what's right with them :v:"):mad: :mad:

Ah commerce students are ok - know loads of them. It's commerce students that go to the Hole in the Wall that I hate. And other commerce students too. Hate them all. Yeah.

Man - I still can't believe people go to that ****ing pub. In a couple of years ye'll look back in amazement thinking "How were we so stupid?". Or else you'll just graduate to other dens of scummery before spending an hour in the rain queueing for CPs.

http://www.geocities.com/nakedgalway/2-pricks.htm

Give me a good pint of Guinness in The Roisin Dubh any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

****hole. The place is covered in broken glass and spilled beer, the music is **** chart and too loud, women too young (Never thought I'd hear myself say that) the older heads are people I haven't seen since secondary school. I'm as cheap as they come, I can go out langers on €6.20, but if the price is the only good thing going for its drink, stay the **** away.

And it fills up with money for each race week. Traditional jockey and owner / trainer haunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

kc66 wrote:
    Cant slag off any pub serving €2 pints. Often got locked here on less than €20. Suppose thats all its got going for it though.

Oooh wow :p this usually costs me in the vicinity of €10.

Ah yes, the roisin, there's a pub I can appreciate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

grasshopa wrote:
    Ah yes, the roisin, there's a pub I can appreciate!

Or indeed the auld King's Head!

Ok its a kip. Was just trying to stand up for it cos I dont live in Galway anymore and was a bit nostalgic for 1st year in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Cheers, didnt expect so many responses to my original question! And no sorry I dont work in the hole in the wall! (or the Gold in the Walk, damn predicted text!) As a matter of curiosity, are corporate law students considered as bad as commerce? seeing as though we have about 20% commerce? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Back to Ballyhaunis with thee!

wet-paint wrote:
    ****hole. The place is covered in broken glass and spilled beer, the music is **** chart and too loud, women too young (Never thought I'd hear myself say that) the older heads are people I haven't seen since secondary school. I'm as cheap as they come, I can go out langers on €6.20, but if the price is the only good thing going for its drink, stay the **** away.

And it fills up with money for each race week. Traditional jockey and owner / trainer haunt.
    ah jk in fairness!are all the kayaking meetings not held there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

ah now the ballyhaunis stuff has gone on long enough, cheap drink & good crack in the Haunis thats all ya need! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

ah jk in fairness!are all the kayaking meetings not held there?

Once a year and it's only tradition.

The Kings head has **** all personality left. It's a generic super pub at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement