Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hole in the wall

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

wet-paint wrote:
    The Kings head has **** all personality left. It's a generic super pub at this stage.

True! But what a generic super pub it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

C-J wrote:
    ah now the ballyhaunis stuff has gone on long enough, cheap drink & good crack in the Haunis thats all ya need! :)

Having mad the stupid drunken decision last night to visit the cess pool that is monsoon I disagree ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

hey i was in monsoon last night thank you very much! The place might be a dive but its all about who ya know. Even the worst pubs or nightclubs are the best of crack when youve a few good drunken friends around and you hit the dancefloor, thats all that matters. The decor isnt exactly top of the agenda to b honest, its all about good company and good intelligent drunken conversation and having a laugh, meeting up with people you havent seen in ages. Does anyone else agree? :) Or is this the nonsensical wanderings of a lovely wee Ballyhaunis girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Having also gone to school in Ballyhappiness I disagree even further :) At least the nice eastern european ladies make up for some of the shortcomings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

Well im 16 and i go der so i can see where yee are cumin from...i like it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I saw a 16 year old girl I know gettin served a double vodka n red bull there yesterday - FS I wouldnt mind an alcopop or somethin but christ like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

just curious....whereabouts is this place?haven't come across it.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Monsoon is the nightclub formally known as Midas on Clare St in Ballyhaunis. Yeah it is really bad for underage, Ive been going there since I was 16. Does anyone else notice how the price seems to rise everytime you go there? At the beginning of Christmas it was 5euro which it has always been. Then it rose to 6, then last week it was 8 and on St Stephens night they charged 10euro! Dreading to think what New Years will be! The only reason I go there is because its full of people I know and I spend the night getting hugs, free drinks and laughing my ass off. For people not from the Ballyhaunis/Bekan/ Tooreen/ Aghamore/ Knock /Cloonfad area its not as much of a laugh but everyones always wasted when they go there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Ot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Lived in the apartments behind beer garden for a year. great place to live but what a kip of a pub. the apartments are kips too but you cant get any closer to town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cosmogirl

me loves the hot barmen!!

cosmogirl wrote:
    me loves the hot barmen!!

Brilliant first post!i shall be on a pub crawl sunday!trying to do all th good pubs in galway and then stagger into boo radleys(the only place that will have us)
    any suggestions on some of the less obvious pubs to try?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement