Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for Cork Please?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Cork on Friday the 13th of Jan for a weekend. I'm going to a college open day but would love to soak in abit of the city aswell. I'm looking for a hotel and something to do on the Saturday night. Can anyone recommend a resturaunt, bar, club? I'll have a look at the sticky links too ... but recommendations would be greatly appriciated. :) thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

usual questions... how old are you?
    what kind of music do you like?
    what kind of budget are you on?
    how many of you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

how old are you? 24
    what kind of music do you like? any good, but try to avoid pop... and rnb ... something like jazz, dnb or something chilled. Rock as long as its decent.
    what kind of budget are you on? 3 or 400
    how many of you going? 2 myself and bfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Fast Eddies on a Saturday night has a good selection of music. No r n' b or pop of any kind. Never has rock either. Just good old dance, house etc. No knackers either if you were worried. Great crowd usually too. Its just off Grand Parade.

www.fishgodeep.com is the club night that is held there. Well its two of the DJ's website but you can get a taste of the music there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

LV on McCurtain St. is a pretty chilled pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

you could try old oak just off oliver plunkett street. that was always a fave place to hang for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Costigans on Washington Street is my favourite pub in Cork. Have fun KlodaX!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

KlodaX wrote:
    I'm heading to Cork on Friday the 13th of Jan for a weekend. I'm going to a college open day but would love to soak in abit of the city aswell. I'm looking for a hotel and something to do on the Saturday night. Can anyone recommend a resturaunt, bar, club? I'll have a look at the sticky links too ... but recommendations would be greatly appriciated. :) thanks.
    You can come to the Cork boards night out!! heh heh heh!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868829

Advertisement