Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiced Beef

Options
  • 14-12-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Greetings denziens of Cork, I have a question.

Does anyone know if you can still get Spiced Beef (special Cork Christmas dinner food for those who don't know) in the English Market?

I really want some for a Christmas Dinner in Galway, but I'd like to be sure it's still available before I go through all the trauma of getting it sent up here.

Thanks in advance,
    fozzle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Not sure about the Old English Market, but if you have a SuperQuinn near you in Galway, they're selling it at the mo - well at least they are here in Limerick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

And in Superquinn Dublin ...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Yep fozzle, all over the English Market, also available in O'Donovan's on Prince's St and in Dunnes Stores in Cork (maybe Galway too?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

English market has everything! You will find your spiced beef there. "The meat centre" in the english market is the butcher we always go to and he had them every other year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just saw it in Dunnes Stores on North Main Street yesterday, and I've also seen it in Tesco and in the stall in the market near the Olive stall. It's pretty common.

Didn't realise that it was a Cork thing though. I love it. I used to get it in the Main rest in UCC when they did Christmas dinners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Cool, thanks folks. It is indeed a Cork thing, although my mum introduced it to our local butcher in Co. Waterford too. Stupid me didn'task her to make me some early enough. So now my ickle sister shall buy it and I'll be content, hooray! Thank you! Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Look for Murphys in Old English Market ,across from the Bread Stall, BEst Spice Beef in Cork...get it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Yep most of the small butchers have some in stock.
    Weird the way things are only around cork - tanora is another isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah tanora, what a great drink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Sorry for hijacking but how can you possibly eat spiced beef. My dad used to always buy and it used stink the place out. Revolting stuff imo.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

WDK wrote:
    Sorry for hijacking but how can you possibly eat spiced beef. My dad used to always buy and it used stink the place out. Revolting stuff imo.

Wuss - eat that with some toast and a cup of tea..........mmmmmmmm.......christmas *drooling noise*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

WDK wrote:

I agree, its gank! I cant stand the stuff but people seem to like it. It just reassures me, the rest of the world is wrong and i am right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

what? spiced beef and tanora are cork things? i cant believe it,they're both beautiful in their own way,where does tanora come from anyway? i assume its not from cork it must be german or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

spiced beef - as someone mentioned, o'dononans butchers which is on one of the side streets which all look the same, be prepared to queue....

tanora comes from the tanora plant which only grows in cork..fact

Advertisement