Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Silly Q

• 14-12-2005 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

So I am considering upgrading my ole brick of a phone and was going to go with the Nokia 6230i, with almost the specific purpose of accessing an online game I play, but the not very helpful woman in the shop said that by using GPRS thing on the phone you only have access to o2 interactive (or whatever she called it) is that true??

If so, is there any way to get around it and is it the same on all the networks :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ahm with gprs you should be able to access any site that is enabled for mobile access (by enabled i mean it can be displayed on a mobile).

Don't know where the woman got the idea you could only get o2 interactive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

See thats what I thought but I assumed she would have half an idea what she was talking about but eh, thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

6230i is a great phone and with gprs as ASOK said you should be able to see any pages that are formatted for a mobile. the only other option would be to go for a smartphone like the 6680 or sony ericsson p910i/ p990i (when it is available) or even the n90 when that is available

Advertisement