Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Questions regarding flashing a Motorola Razor V3

• 14-12-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I was wondering if anybody here ever "flashed" a phone (and in particular the Motorola Razor V3)? I'd like to get rid of the annoying O2 stuff but I also believe flashing my V3 will enable me to use video recording and also make me avail of more memory space. Is this true? Is it difficult/expensive to do?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mikros

http://motomodders.net/

I flashed my V3 recently for the same reasons - to get video recording and to get rid of all the Vodafone logos etc.

It’s a relatively straight forward thing to do if you’re careful, just make sure you get the right firmware and software. That site above has all the information you could need on it. My phone is working with no problems afterwards. Just be aware that you probably void any warranty by doing it. Backup any pictures/sounds/messages or anything thats stored on the phone that you want to keep because you lose them after flashing.

Hope that's some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thank you for you reply Mikros! ;)

I visited that website and read the "Noob tutorial" and it was really simple! The only difficult thing was finding the software (PST 7.1.1) and patching the 6 faulty dlls... Once that was done it was straight forward enough!
    I did panick a bit after flashing though... The phone was in Italian and the keypad stopped working :eek: But I just took the battery out and it was grang after that :)

Thanks again for your help! :D

Advertisement