Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB problem

• 14-12-2005 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

I recently got smart BB and everything was fine. Left a bunch of stuff downloading and then found the net connection had died and required and modem and PC reboot to fix.

So I checked here and on the Smart forums, and found the following bit of advice for people having crashing/hanging problems. It involved making the PC the 'bridge' or something similar. It said to only do it if the BB connection was only to one computer, which it is in my case.

So I made the change and my PC's HDD began to work overtime, everthing ground to a halt and I had to reboot and change the settings back to get any access. Anyone know what's going on?

Here's the setting I changed:

INSTRUCTIONS:

Open your browser to 192.168.1.1
    Select 'WAN Setup' in the left-hand panel
    On the PPPoEup line, select Edit
    Change the VPI/VCI values to anything other than 8/35, click 'Change' at bottom of page
    Select WAN setup in the left-hand panel again
    Click 'Create a new service'
    Ensure the 'PureBridge' radio button is selected
    Click 'Configure' button
    Enter VPI 8, VCI 35
    Click 'Apply'
    You will receive the message : "DHCP server will be disabled after PureBridge connection is created"
    Click OK.
    Select 'Save Config' in the left-hand panel and save the config.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭crol

sounds like the recent wired aolynk firmware upgrade here might be of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭chabsey

crol wrote:
    sounds like the recent wired aolynk firmware upgrade here might be of interest.

Excellent, that worked.....after a couple of attempts!

Thanks.

Advertisement