Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a pair of tire flares..are they road legal?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Running them on the mountain bike going too and from work every day.There is a allenkey bolt to stop someone from robbing them but I take them off while the bike is locked up.Got funny looks from the boys in blue the other night as if to say;"were the only ones allowed to have flashing blue lights".
    Im not sure if they are legal..but they have saved me from accidents allready!And thats the bottom line.Argos are selling them here,there are some on e-bay also,but I got them here:http://www.tireflares.comGot the anti theft blue neon ones.
    What ye think?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It was probably more of a wannabe-boy-racer-on-a-bike look..
    They're legal AFAIK.

oh,and warning: website contains flashing light..

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Can't see why they wouldnt be legal...

Its that boy racer kinda look alright, but then again, on a bike at night the more lights the better.

BUT i think hokeyspokes are cooler.

You could add a message to your wheels... Please Avoid... Dont Hit... Steer Clear... Look Out... etc:rolleyes:

OK i would feel a bit of an fool cyling around with those, but it would definitely draw drivers attention... make you a lot more noticable and thats a good thing at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

wideangle - How much are the TireFlares (argos.co.uk down atm) ?
    I saw someone with these recently. Nice and visible.

dalk: How much are the hotkeyspokes? I like the text option.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

They were around the 12 euro mark,paid for them via paypal and your man never charged for postage so it was handy.I believe he sells the hokey spokeys also.

Pictures of tire flares and spokey dokeys attached.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although I'd say they make you VERY visable, they far too boy racer'ish for my liking tbh
    However I would be interested in seeing actually user owned photos of them rather then whats on the sites

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How much would the spokey dokeys be?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For visibility you can get tires with reflective sidewalls.

My tire flares have stopped workin at the moment,the batteries they came with seem to be comming apart.Hope to get new batteries soon,but it could be something else thats giving the trouble also.
    Youd be better off getting them in argos...at least you can bring them back in if this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

How much would the spokey dokeys be?
    there $30 each..

http://www.hokeyspokes.com/orderform.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Karoma wrote:
    It was probably more of a wannabe-boy-racer-on-a-bike look..
    They're legal AFAIK.

oh,and warning: website contains flashing light..

Tbh, i think they make you look like you're a character from the film Tron, get the suit too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

cool :)

Note the minimum order of three!!for orders outside the states.

Advertisement