Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnificant!

• 14-12-2005 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Lads does anyone know the name of the DJ that does Country clubland?
    Brilliant stuff, I love the break downs and beats in Country Clubland it is simply fantastic, good to see some good music starting to seep through having had to listen to ****e artists like Nathan Fake,John Digweed and Orbital for the last few years!

Oh yeah and Scooter are Brilliant!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

dj spastic by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I actually heard someone in HMV ask for this today. I was in shock, she just stood there with a smile on her face and asked the guy if they had it. What kind of crazy person listens to this ****e :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

I'd say a lot of parents hear their children listening to dance in their room and are thinking to themselves....this is the perfect present.

Fukin hell I dont know what I'd do if I was a 13 yr old boy opening my present and found Irish Country Clubland inside!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

For a horrible moment I thought this thread was for real :D Only for the first sentence though :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Felixdhc wrote:
    For a horrible moment I thought this thread was for real :D Only for the first sentence though :v:

yeah... still though... something is seriously wrong with dance music if this is the big selling thing this christmas, i know those irish clubland thingies are a perennial and seasonal curse, but christ....

dance music is going tits up as it is without yet another compilation of scooter / the fureys / garth brooks bootleg mashups...

when was the last time you hear dance music innovating???

once upon a time i remember going out and being awed by the sheer futurism and uncompromising attitude of electronic music... nowadays dance music is there chiefy to recycle samples from the worst early 80's fm middle of the road rock [eric prydz - call on me = steve fcuking winwood]

is it people lacking taste? the fact that there was never a big enough underground scene to educate enough people in the potential of dancing to music that had intellectual substance as well as sheer naked funk?

or is it the fact that noone does yokes any more because its more profitable to sell charlie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I hope its the former.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

It really is amazing that cr*p like this can be released. I nearly puked when I saw the ad on TV the other day. I wonder who would actually buy something like this and worse still where it might be played :eek:

I don't buy much in the way of current dance music, there is so much still from the early nineties that I never managed to get back then and now with the wonders of the internet I am getting buckets of tunes I thought I would never get. I have endless lists of tunes I am looking for and bit by bit I am getting them. Nothing like getting a tune you have been looking for for maybe ten years arriving in the post and dropping the needle on it for the first time. nioldskool has been amazing the last few months for getting tracks I never knew the names of and in some cases had long since forgotten.

I can't really speak for the current club scene as I really haven't a clue, I never set foot in clubs these days and from what I hear I am better off. Not into the coke buzz, seems to be a million miles from the whole e buzz back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

ah its pop music so who cares. u cant honetly judge the state of current dance from a release like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

dance music is going tits up as it is without yet another compilation of scooter / the fureys / garth brooks bootleg mashups...

when was the last time you hear dance music innovating???
    Well if look to HMV to find innovating music then yeah, you will probably think that dance music is going "tits up".

But in the real world it's doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Uh ah Uh ah

• Advertisement
Advertisement