Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Showtime may rescue 'Arrested Development'

• 14-12-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?

Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.

"Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.

Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Link, dated today!
    Both ABC and Showtime are in talks with 20th Century Fox to rescue Arrested Development

Older link about the rumour, dated Nov 14th.

Also interesting to note is an upcoming episode plot.:
    Episode 3.??: S.O.B. (Save Our Bluths)
    Airdate: 2006

* 11/18 - Per Variety, series creator Mitch Hurwitz is planning an episode that will poke fun at Fox's decision to reduce the show's episode order from 22 to 13, effectively canceling it. In the episode, titled "S.O.B." for "Save Our Bluths," the Bluth clan considers throwing a fund-raiser to save their construction company from shutting down. In one scene, Jason Bateman's Michael notes, "Our backs are against the wall... It's just hard for me to accept that it's really come to begging." There's even a conversation about whether the Home Builders Organization - HBO - might be willing to come to their rescue. That idea is quickly nixed though, leading George Sr. to say, "I guess it's Showtime. We'll put on some kind of show at the [fund-raiser]."

Ahahahah, genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That'd be great. They have to save the funniest show on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Hey so sorry for bumpin this to the top again but has anybody heard any news on this because if there ever was a show worth savin this is it. anybody?

It looks hopeful that either ABC or Showtime will pick Up Arrested development if its dropped by FOX.
    Heres a link to a small piece of news posted in this weeks Entertainment Weekly.
    Proof there's a (comedy) God: ABC and Showtime have made offers to air a fourth season of our favorite endangered sitcom. Follow the handy needle to scientifically gauge the show's chances of survival...at least as of this week.

So rumours that ABC And Showtime maybe interested has turned into them actually making offers.

I'm not sure if Entertainment Weekly is actually a Good Source Tho.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Latest news I can find:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0601140111jan14,1,4743816.story

Just in case the article gets deleted:

Arrested Development' ends season, not series--yet

Maureen Ryan
    Published January 14, 2006

Put the "Arrested Development" deathwatch on hold--again.

Fox announced Friday that the much-loved (but low-rated) comedy will have a two-hour season--not series--finale on Feb. 10, the night that NBC will air the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Fox cut "Arrested Development" down to 13 episodes in its third season, but the network has not officially canceled the show. If it does, other networks are reportedly interested in bringing back the Emmy-winning comedy.

In the Feb. 10 finale, Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) finds out he may have a long-lost sister, Nellie, who'll be played by Bateman's real-life sister, Justine Bateman.

Meanwhile, Michael's brother, Gob Bluth, played by Will Arnett, joins a USO tour and takes his magic act to Iraq, only to end up in prison there.
    *squeee*
    I like the season finale and not series finale bit.

I'm googling more info right now, but there's conflicting info out there, Will Arnett was on Conan recently and he was talking about the show as if it was finished, in the past tense.

Latest news will be on this forum I'd say: http://the-op.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5

COCK-A COCK-A COCK-A CAAAHH!!! :D
    chickendance1.gif

• Advertisement

So there just gonna finish off the season in one go then!!!

I'm hopeful that Showtime or ABC will pick it up and i dont even think the writers and actors are sure of their faith.
    I'm sure fox will confirm that they are dropping the show once the current season is finished because their either gonna pick it up or their not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Paddy100

I just hope someone picks up the show. It is a disgrace that the 3rd season was cut to just 13 eps. Fox could of used the 18 or 22 and the pulled the plug. I hope ABC or Showtime picks it up.
    Cant wait to get the 2nd season on DVD in a couple of weeks. A lot of people seem to love the show but they just dont watch it in the US.:(

So it now looks likely that fox will be cancelling Arrested development.

In a press conference yesterday the head of fox Peter Ligouri said:
    "It's highly unlikely the show is going to be back,". " It's regrettable that we could not find the audience that that show deserved."

Although its not likely that the show will be offically canceled anytime soon or until fox has:
    a better idea of its "development slate for next season."

Full stories Here & Here

Advertisement