Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon's Statement From Eddie Guerrero Book

• 14-12-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

"It is said the true measure of a man can be determined not by how many times he falls down, but how many times he picks himself back up. Eddie Guerrero’s life is a celebration of just that. It’s a story about inspiration, about a man who succeeded in times when countless others would have failed. His strong family roots coupled with his faith in God gave him the power to rise above adversity and help those around him when they themselves were in need. This made Eddie a World Champion both in and out of the ring.

Eddie was unwavering in his determination to succeed in the business he loved with all his heart. He looked forward to the challenge of creating his own identity and taking the famed Guerrero name into the twenty-first century while paying homage to the family members who paved the way for him. He was the consummate performer and loved being in front of the fans. Every move he made had a purpose, everything he did have meaning. From the moment he walked through the curtain, he had you on the edge of your seat. Nothing was ever wasted or taken for granted. It’s rare that someone so humble has such a profound effect on the lives of the people who were privilege enough to be around him. Eddie’s influence on the professional wrestling business will be felt for generations to come as he will immediately regarded as one of the squared circle’s greatest competitors. To quote his older brother Mondo, “Eddie was born to wrestle.”

God bless you, Eddie, for you’ll never know how deeply you touched us all. You’ll be in our hearts and minds forever. Watch over us. Viva La Raza!

- Vince McMahon"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

You'd have to wonder if that was penned by Vinnie himself. Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say so..seeing as how he controls nearly everything else. And it's not as if he's not an articulate person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a very nice piece. Well done Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Thought it was the best thing to say about him who ever wrote it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Although vince's character on TV is not so nice, I'm sure he's bonded with some wrestlers every now and again. I'd say Eddie was one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think people doubt Vince because on the 1 hand he writes a touching piece like that. On the other he lets a tastelss angle run like two weeks ago on the Tuesday Smackdown special. He's hard to work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Buy the observer issue or listen to wrestling observer on byline or figure 4 radio. Dave breaks it down objectively in a non sensationalist way and I agreed with him. Theres a thin line between remembering and exploiting somthing. I think they crossed it.

Advertisement