Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trains

• 15-12-2005 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone seen the new train timetable? now when i'm off at 4, instead of waiting for 1 hour 37 mins, i now have to wait 1 hour 55 mins. woohoo. and theres a new train at 16:59 going straight to connolly just to taunt me. in fact if i get that train to connolly and then wait for the 17:49 in connolly and go back to castleknock i arrive a full ten minutes earlier than i would do if i just waited for the 17:55.

and the 8 o clock train is now 1 minute earlier than it used to be so now instead of being 15 minutes late every day i'm only 14. this has simply made my day.

anyone with me for killing every staff member at iarnrod eireann?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Yeah it's in bits I can't buy a return ticket for the train because if my lecture finishes late I'll miss the train at 1604. Even worse for you getting to Castleknock.

And the early morning train is too late for 9am lectures as well. It used to arrive fifteen minutes earlier two years ago, but then some bright spark decided to change it. So to get in for nine you have to get a train that arrives in Maynooth at 0744 - madness! (The 0844 one will make you about 5 mins late if you're going to the north campus.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yep the brains at Iarnród Eireann certainly take us NUIM students into account.

To make it even worse there is now a 17.05 serving all stations to Connolly, on a Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

All the more reason to move to Maynooth! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I'm gonna have to agree with Teller here, you're much better off moving to Maynooth. It'd be so much less hassle. I used to have to commute all the way from Leixlip(!) and it was a bloody nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

"So much less hassle". :rolleyes: Fantastic English there from me. Apologies!

• Advertisement

I've been commuting from my villa in Clonsilla and haven't any real problem with it. Where else can you leave your home at 8.20 and be in a 9.00am lecture on time 20km's away?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

hey i commuted 2maynooth for 4 years from malahide?!?! trains aren't that great.....

Coming all the way from Malahide must be tough. Its much easier when its a 14 minute journey I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

it was crap, but got my degree!!!!!!!! graduated there in sept and in UL now doin the h dip. just home from class christmas party, was ****e. rows and fights go leor! u know urself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

As far as I remember when I was in Maynooth the times for going home were 3,5 and 7 give or take a few minutes. So if u finish lectures @ 3 and somehow miss the 3 train your stuck for 2 feckin hours, same goes for 5 oclock.

That was not to long ago when the line from maynooth -> clonsilla was only 1 track.

• Advertisement
Advertisement