Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repairing alloy

Options
  • 15-12-2005 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

a while back i went through a pothole

anyways my dad brought my wheel to get " rounded " i dont know the propper term

once i got it back i notised what i thought was a ripple on the alloy as it was crome and was told before that crome is basicly just paint i thought after heating the alloy the crome must of become loose

well as it turned out the ripple turned out to be a hole . less then a millimeter just big enough to let the air out this only happened 5 days after getting fixed .

anyways now ive to get the wheel fixed again if i can if i cant . well then im looking for a wolf race maxtrix shaddow crome 17"

is there anywhere that can look at the wheel and tell me if i can fix it or would it be better to at this stage just get a new wheel ? if thats the case ill need help finding one as everywhere ive tried no longer sells that wheel or cant get it till after the new year .

i know its not that long to wait but id like to get it sorted asap .

also trying to keep the cost low as im looking to invest in a jap import shortly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

theres a place up north that sells alloys at decent prices but i cant remember the name. a guy i know got a set of wolfrace shadow crome whells and 4 packs of crome lock nuts for next to nothing because 2 of the 4 wheels had small amount of chrome chipped off.
    Itd be worth trying to find out who they are if your looking to get a new car soon anyway.

Advertisement