Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who finds this offensive?

Options
  • 15-12-2005 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Is there a reason why I am constantly refered to as a "retard" on this site,

see here

I really do find this incredibly offensive.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well why not use the "Report this post" function then..

should be banned!it was a personal attack on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

agreed... he is in with the "in crowd" here though, so nothing will happen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I have reported it, but I am just sick of this kind of thing propping up throughout boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 scuba sally

You have no reason to be offended, get over it, keep smiling. Its an open forum people are going to be personally atacked day in day out. So many people so many different views, chin up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You have no reason to be offended, get over it, keep smiling. Its an open forum people are going to be personally atacked day in day out. So many people so many different views, chin up:D

I think his point is that people have been banned for the same/less. There does seem to be double standards on this board depending on who you know/who the mod is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's offensive and an unprovoked personal attack, report the post. I don't know if anything will get done about it though, if he's in the boards 'in crowd', punishment is below him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

There's a boards "in-crowd"? Where do I sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Is that the same "in crowd" that allows you to have the only animated avatar on Boards.ie...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm sorry, is this the same sandals who has NEVER followed any procedure on boards? the same one who cant read instructions or charters and asks a million of stupid questions randomly? the same one who starts a new thread for a million and one questions?

if i didnt actually have some internal morals, i'd have already banned you from a board tbh.

EXTRA BONUS POINT: guess which one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sandals wrote:

see here

Couldn't be bothered reading the thread in question but if indeed as you say you are being constantly refered to as a 'retard' then I'd wager you are the only one finding it offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

People can be retards on occasion.
    Where did I specifically call you a retard? I think you might be reading too much into what I typed.
    Sandals wrote:
    I'd reply to that but it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel.
    I've no idea who you are exactly but what makes you think I'm part of the in crowd? And who else is in this 'in crowd'? Cos I haven't been to any meetings yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

lafortezza wrote:
    I've no idea who you are exactly but what makes you think I'm part of the in crowd? And who else is in this 'in crowd'? Cos I haven't been to any meetings yet.

That's because you obey the first rule of the Boards 'in crowd'.

You're not allowed to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

RuggieBear wrote:
    Is that the same "in crowd" that allows you to have the only animated avatar on Boards.ie...:D

and it aint the most savory of animations either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

lafortezza wrote:
    what makes you think I'm part of the in crowd? And who else is in this 'in crowd'? Cos I haven't been to any meetings yet.

yeah right - they all say that :p

The in-crowd is Slydice obviously :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sandals wrote:
    Is there a reason why I am constantly refered to as a "retard" on this site

My Da was a very wise man.
    I remember him once telling me "Son never ask a question if you think you mightn't like the answer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't see him being called a Retard. Lafortezza said people can be retards sometimes. Its not like it was a post with the sole intent of insulting. He actually told you what you were looking for, which was in honesty, common sense.

Anyway, stop over reacting. I agree it'd be a different story if it was just said "Sandals is a retard" but it was a fair distance from anything like that.

I also like the way you say "Constantly" referred to as a "Retard" and give one example which isn't really an example at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sandals wrote:

see here

In fairness "retard" is very politically incorrect, you should start a campaign to have people refer to you as "special" instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Giblet wrote:
    There's a boards "in-crowd"? Where do I sign up!
    is this a private forum, me wants to be a part of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

lafortezza stated a fact. i.e. People can be retards sometimes. He was insulting you he probably would have said "You are a Retard Sandals" in big bold letters. But he did'nt do that, so it's a non issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement