Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion *Bannings*

Options
  • 15-12-2005 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

When someone gets banned i think the mod who banned that person should send a simple PM explaining why he/she was banned, it would save a lot of these 5 pages threads that are being made in the feedback forum.

Something simple like:
    You are banned from: forumname
    You were banned because: reason
    Lenght of ban: 2 weeks

All mods could have the above saved and just fill in the blanks, its a simple thing that will save time for all concerned in the long run. I don't know why its not implemented already :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That;s what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Giblet wrote:
    That;s what I do.

but it seems most mods don't

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Giblet wrote:
    That;s what I do.

well Done!

Now if only more mods were like you, the world would be a better Place...

Get over yourself

sheesh..:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

well Done!

Now if only more mods were like you, the world would be a better Place...

Get over yourself

sheesh..:v:

This sort of **** is what is messing boards.ie up, feedback forum isn't the forum to be messing around in. If you want to contribute properly to the thread do if not then don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I get a feeling that if Giblet was a mod of feedback he'd be about to use that new template on smith :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

All Jokes aside...

Greyhound racing may be a Quite forum, But i do the banned, why, release date thing, its easier and just saves a lot of agro, and i've had it done to me,

i'd say a lot of mod's do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

make banlist.php more prominent, and ensure that there's a quirky reason?
    even if it doesn't prevent the moaning / threads... it's fun

If a mod PM's someone.. that someone may be pissed off and say something back in a PM which will just lead to a bigger ban; or at least may come across as a personal grudge..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

But then we'd have fewer mad people giving out on Feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

When someone gets banned i think the mod who banned that person should send a simple PM explaining why he/she was banned, it would save a lot of these 5 pages threads that are being made in the feedback forum.

Something simple like:

All mods could have the above saved and just fill in the blanks, its a simple thing that will save time for all concerned in the long run. I don't know why its not implemented already :rolleyes:

or something even simpler like i do...

you are banned from xxx (usually AH) forum for xxx (usually personal abuse)
    pm me in a week or two and i will give you access back.

i dont give a specific time becuase too many people think that they have an automatic right to be let back in and start shouting 3 seconds after the ban time is up.
    besides, if youre banned, youre banned as far as im concerned. if i see someone making an arse of themselves somewhere else, im not going to let them back intot he forum, becuase then i see they are just acting stupid and are contributing nothing.
    if they behave, then i see no reason not to let someone back in.

and then they come on here and moan about me being a power hungry mod and how awful i am and how i eat whole babies for breakfast.

and that just wont make me want to let someone back in. its nothing to do with powertripping, its got to do with teaching a lesson that just becuase you made a mistake, doesnt mean you dont get a second or third or fourth chance.

and on the other hand, just becuase someone gives you a time frame for readmittance, doesnt mean you can go around and abuse people and name call and still demand that you had a time to be let back in and you are demanding your rights goddamn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm sure some the mods are of the opinion that why should they bother sending someone a PM when said person was acting the bollix or not taking the time to read the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

grimloch wrote:
    I'm sure some the mods are of the opinion that why should they bother sending someone a PM when said person was acting the bollix or not taking the time to read the charter.
    Some are. I usually bite the bullet and do it, even if they were really stupid and I know I'm only going to get a torrent of abuse back.

The last time I didn't pm someone, they messaged WizZard for some reason, asking him to unban them from the For Sales section :p

(fyi: WizZard does not moderate FS ;) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ages ago people Pm'ed me from a certain forum complaining that one or two people should be banned....not a mod of anywhere fools....I mean wtf?
    and then there was the bright spark who Pm'ed me asking for permission to get into the legal highs forum and smoking forum, which don't even exist.
    Plus I don't even smoke...so where the hell did that come out of...I asked him what was going on and how he possibly could have thought I was a mod in places that don't exist. Wouldn't they be under my damn name?
    Apparently they are so secret they don't even show up was what he thought. O.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Ages ago people Pm'ed me from a certain forum complaining that one or two people should be banned....not a mod of anywhere fools....I mean wtf?
    and then there was the bright spark who Pm'ed me asking for permission to get into the legal highs forum and smoking forum, which don't even exist.
    Plus I don't even smoke...so where the hell did that come out of...I asked him what was going on and how he possibly could have thought I was a mod in places that don't exist. Wouldn't they be under my damn name?
    Apparently they are so secret they don't even show up was what he thought. O.o

Maybe they mistook you for a moderator as you're well known on Boards? (as in a lot of posts etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Laguna wrote:
    Maybe they mistook you for a moderator as you're well known on Boards? (as in a lot of posts etc.)

are you still here?
    i thought you had given up becuase im here?

you never did answer me on the other thread where you threw all of your toys out of the pram in a big girlie hissy fit.

did you relieve the tension?

Advertisement