Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Deportivo Saprissa at 10:20am in the World club championship

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mms://fifa.lbwa.verio.net/fifa/match_4_500.wmv

Think this link has the match highlights, I'm in college now so can't verify it myself right now.

It may have to be copied and pasted into Windows Media Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I hope that the keeper of sao paolos takes a few free kicks and reina catches and sticks it back over his head into an empty net. That keeper of theirs is rubbish, did you see the second goal that they conceded, keeper parried a very softly hit shot and then took an age to get up for the ball that he parried away.

Sao paolo were quick up top but loko shaky at back as is evidenced by the two goals they conceded to the Saudi side which were both v Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

anyone know if the match is being shown again later on setanta or something? bleedin tape recorder thing didnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    mms://fifa.lbwa.verio.net/fifa/match_4_500.wmv

Think this link has the match highlights, I'm in college now so can't verify it myself right now.

It may have to be copied and pasted into Windows Media Player.

That link works alright.

Cisse takes off his shirt at the end and throws into the Liverpool supporters, applauding them. Farewell gesture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well if he can play like that more often he should defo stay, he may have 2/3 more games to prove himself, but who knows

Ardent wrote:
    That link works alright.

Cisse takes off his shirt at the end and throws into the Liverpool supporters, applauding them. Farewell gesture?

He was extremely poor today imo. Weakest player in the Liverpool team (in or thereabouts) at the moment imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

good result for liverpool. Even though the opposition were poor you still have to beat whats in front of you. Role on sunday.I like the look of liverpool now, alot more fluidity and substance to their play.Broke the record also today with 11 clean sheets. Well done liverpool and especially rafa benitez. The way liverpool are going they should build a statue outside anfield of the great man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    He was extremely poor today imo. Weakest player in the Liverpool team (in or thereabouts) at the moment imo.
    I heard he played quite well, and that was from supporters I know that can't stand him!

I heard he played quite well, and that was from supporters I know that can't stand him!

Got on the end of a couple of Crouch flicks in the first half, which must be good for Liverpool fans to see, but looked completely disinterested in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Not true at all...he set up Crouchs first goal and almost scored himself. I thought it was one of Cisses best performaces ( that I have seen ) & I really dont like the guy generally.

Didn't have much of a part in the goal at all really, it was a fairly simple lay-off iirc. I'm disappointed I didn't tape it now because I noticed 5 or 6 instances of awful passes in the second half, although I did miss the first 20 minutes or so (bloody awkward kick-off time!). I can't see him lasting too long with Liverpool tbh, he seems petulant and childish at times.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Didn't have much of a part in the goal at all really, it was a fairly simple lay-off iirc. I'm disappointed I didn't tape it now because I noticed 5 or 6 instances of awful passes in the second half, although I did miss the first 20 minutes or so (bloody awkward kick-off time!). I can't see him lasting too long with Liverpool tbh, he seems petulant and childish at times.

Didnt have much to do with it ? Take another look. He won the ball in the first place, passed it, received it again and layed it off for the strike.

Missed that goal unfortunately, only got to see the replays. As I said, I wish I had taped it! Guess I'm not in the best position to argue my case but from what I did see (the last 60 minutes or so) he was very poor.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Missed that goal unfortunately, only got to see the replays. As I said, I wish I had taped it! Guess I'm not in the best position to argue my case but from what I did see (the last 60 minutes or so) he was very poor.

Its been repeated on Setanta all day. Ive seen it on at least three times.

Tusky wrote:
    Its been repeated on Setanta all day. Ive seen it on at least three times.

I'll try catch it tomorrow if its on and single out the parts I noticed earlier so. Have tonnes of work to do for college tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I thought Cisse was very good, for once using his pace and power to great effect, and also playing for the team and totally unselfish. On the other hand I thought everything Crouch did was pants, with two notably exceptions so I'll excuse him, i.e. his two excellent finishes!

Hansen and Lawrenson also gave Cisse a lot of praise, both at half-time and at the end. Hansen said he thinks Cisse is the perfect partner for Crouch.

I didnt think Liverpool defended too hot - maybe down to having little to do. In the first half, Saprissa had one attack that I remember, just a simple ball over the top, and it completely exposed the lack of pace of Carra and Hyypia. The striker hit the ball wide though when clean through. There were also a couple of goalmouth scrambles in the second half that they were lucky enough to get away with, albeit the game was well over by then.

Advertisement