Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down today? http only.

• 15-12-2005 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

is anybody having problems with NTL today in waterford? I woke up this morning and my web browers (ie/firefox) wouldn't work. I'm 100% it is not a misconfigured setting on my pc. I can ping google/boards and many other sites so it is not having any problems resolving the dns of these. AIM/MSN work, just not http.

Anyone having the same problem? I'm sure it's probably just something with the network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What router are you using? I have a Belkin wireless router and it tends to die about once a month (or more depending on how much bittorrenting is going on). I loose web connectivity but torrents are still alive. A router reboot sorts it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What router are you using? I have a Belkin wireless router and it tends to die about once a month (or more depending on how much bittorrenting is going on). I loose web connectivity but torrents are still alive. A router reboot sorts it out.

It's a linksys router, but rest assured - there is nothing wrong with the router. Connectivity is fine. I tried without the router, same result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Are you sure it's not your firewall? Did you update it recently or did it automatically upgrade itself. Can you check your firewall settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

In the 'Ford meself, nowt wrong, I assume you tried to power cycle?? It worked for me a few nights ago when my connection dropped

aaf wrote:
    Are you sure it's not your firewall? Did you update it recently or did it automatically upgrade itself. Can you check your firewall settings?

I don't have a software based firewall on my system. I work for an ISP. I'm fully certain it's not my PC, or the firewall settings on my router. Anyways, I'll check it when I get home, I'm in work now. it may be working..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Powercycle your modem, not your router.

testicle wrote:
    Powercycle your modem, not your router.

I've already restarted the modem. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

virus/spyware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

fixed?

Yes Drapper, it automatically corrected itself. No idea what happened. Al''s well, not to worry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement