Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading Lag

Options
  • 15-12-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if its just me or if it happens everyone.

For the first ten seconds or so after I connect to a server I get horrible juddering lag. Very very annoying, especially when theres a rush for vehicles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

yup i get that 2 i usually just wait it out as I prefer to play as infantry anyway but I can see how it'd drive you nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Used to get it but since i got the new system i got no problems. Great to be first out and have the choice of vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Its all about RAM, I went from 512 to 1gig, made a huge difference, then onto 2gig and Im almost always 1st/2nd to connect on a new map and get far less lag, most thats left is due to the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Haket wrote:
    Its all about RAM, I went from 512 to 1gig, made a huge difference, then onto 2gig and Im almost always 1st/2nd to connect on a new map and get far less lag, most thats left is due to the server.

Im on about 1GB now and my load times into new maps is brutal. Memory is the main problem from what I can see and know. Remember was trying to run BFV with 512MB and it was killing me on load times. Upgrade to 1GB and cut load time to half. EA likes alot of memory to load into

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I was on 1Gb and had to wait for about 10 seconds to be able to play properly due to lag.
    An extra 1Gb (2Gb in total now) fixed the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i have 1gig now and it runs fine, but as you said, there's an initial juttering lag that goes after a few seconds, and sometimes re-appears during gameplay. i have plans to get myself an extra gig at some point within the next few weeks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

the extra gigs almost worth it. first person on map strike at karkland last night and ran straight to the road and mined it, Got 3 kills 30 seconds later on the APC and M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm using 1.5gigs at the moment, might switch to 3gig after xmas, lol! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I have a gig of ram also,the laggy thing only started happening to me a few days ago after I put all video settings on high.I might turn them back to medium,tonight and see if it still happems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I get that also with 1.25 gigs of 400mhz ram. But some servers I connect to have a 30 sec start time before the game kicks off allowing every one to connect in and get ready the lag may happen then but when yer looking at map screen who cares.

• Advertisement
Advertisement