Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorala E770v for 109e

• 15-12-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Is this phone any good? Would be a bit weary of Motorolas but maybe this one is different - MP3 player and 3g enabled - seems good value?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Does that Euro 109.00 come with a 100.00 Euro credit? .....

I payed 149.00 for mine .... I knew I should have been suspicious when the guy in the store asked me 'what price is it?' ..... I gave him the price from the sunday papers I had just seen :( i.e. 149.00 with a 100.00 credit over 10 months

in74sl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

The E770v is €129 RTG w/Vodafone. It is a decent phone with its only downfall being its vga camera. Good things are its price, its 3G and its comes with a 64mb card that can be increased to 512kb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

its only downfall being its vga camera

you might be right there :( .....

I wonder if there is a way to make 'turning the camera on' a little more difficult? :confused: ..... you invariably end up turning the camera on by mistake, however carefull you are :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

The only way is when you are not using it put the keylock on, otherwise i don't know. haven't heard of this problem before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!! I got it and it broke in just 4 DAYS!!! sent it out for repairs.... and even though it was supposed to be under warranty they told me that i was trying to flash it with new software and thats why the warranty is void... but the thing is that i NEVER tried to do what they suggest i did... So basically i had to pay 60uero for repair...

My mate got the phone too... it lasted a bit longer... broke in a week... he sent it out for repairs.... they told hime the same thing... he had to pay 60 quid tooo!!!!

The funny thing is that before mine and my mates phone broke some weird screen was popping up... saying: "Boot loader blah-blah-blah,,,, RS-232 interface, press OK to program....blah-blah-blah"... anyone knows the reason? Apparently its the problem with all e770v phones... and they arent gonna repair the damaged software for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

This phone is very good in my opinion I have had it three weeks and no problems at all. Just because a few have had problems does not mean its a crap phone !!!!

You can see the problems on the Nokia 6680 also so its nothings perfect. Id definately recommend this phone .

Advertisement