Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Dinner: what 2have for a starter

• 15-12-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

What does everyone have as a starter for christmas dinner? :D love wild smoked salmon with cream cheese But want to do something different this year? any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

In my family, we traditionally start with a slice of melon with some cured ham (prosciutto di parma / rohschinken type of stuff).

Follow that with some turkey soup.

Then on to the main course.

Deep-fried brie with cranberry sauce is also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Chicken liver pate with little toast triangles. Make day before, serve as an early starter so people can have something snacky to fill the yawning gap pre-dinner, then have lots of drinkies so they're properly hungry when the main course arrives.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

straight to main course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Mushrooms baked with diced bacon and cheese of your choice... I use mozarella and spice it up with some paprika and cumin. Simple but nice... a bit like me.

The old reliable stuffed peppers and tomatos are nice too.

Advertisement