Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you read first?

• 15-12-2005 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I opened up my Times today and immediately (it being Thursday) turned to Mary Raftery's column. I know it's going to be challenging, informative, intelligent, well-researched, important.

What do you read first in the various papers - the Times, Independent, Examiner, Herald, Herald AM, Tribune, Business Post, Village, Phoenix, and the English papers too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Maybe a better question would be what do you leave to last to read - I always leave my favourite parts of the paper to the very end - ending on a high note so to speak!

This usually consists of reading the iSpy column in the Indo till last - Myself and Ian O'Doherty could be mind-twins, I always agree with his sentiments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

the back page of the sun....oh and page 3 can be quite interesting, i hate when someone dies or something and there is no "page 3" page 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I always read Liam Faye of The Sunday Times first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

Kevin Myers all the way! That and the letters to the editor, followed by some opinion pieces (especially on Saturday) and world news. Home news isn't that interesting most of the time mefinds.
    And it has to be The Irish Times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

thror wrote:
    Maybe a better question would be what do you leave to last to read - I always leave my favourite parts of the paper to the very end - ending on a high note so to speak!

This usually consists of reading the iSpy column in the Indo till last - Myself and Ian O'Doherty could be mind-twins, I always agree with his sentiments!

Me too.... my usual comments are " Hesu! I couldn't have put it better myself"

Must have made a few enemies though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I look forward to Dave McWilliams in the SBP. Very dissapointed with his book the Popes Children. As for the rest of the week as already said above Myers all above

Advertisement