Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the Story?

• 15-12-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Ermm.... Just in case we've all forgot, we still don't have a bloody National Team manager.
    Even boards.ie thread has gone quiet on the issue.

I know the FAI don't want to rush things (Congrats, they succeeded) .... but I think it's about time we had some progress on this now.

Any inside gossip folks?

When are they going to make a decision?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

No real rush, not sure when our next game is but a long way off. Would love to see O'Neill get it but dont think that is going to happen

Not sure who is in running. All I have seen in recent weeks from FAI is talk of getting Brazil and a few teams like that, Germany, England to play friendly game in Croker when it opens to soccer. Teams they know will fill the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It is a bit ominous I suppose but it doesn't really bother me that much. I'd rather they waited to get the 'right' guy (whomever he may be) rather than to just the current 'available' guy on the manager merry-go-round.

I don't think we're going to qualify for anything for quite a while anyway so I don't mind if we still have a caretaker when the first friendly comes round in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The FAI are not going to splash out a minimum of £200k for 6 months work when there's no matches to be played. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

eirebhoy wrote:
    The FAI are not going to splash out a minimum of £200k for 6 months work when there's no matches to be played. :)

Exactly, and also other than O'Neill there are no real top quality candidates atm( except for Le Guen who won't take it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

mchurl wrote:
    Exactly, and also other than O'Neill there are no real top quality candidates atm( except for Le Guen who won't take it)

Thats the thing. Most internation manager have jobs at the moment. Wait till after World Cup and you will have the usual merry go round. Could pick up someone good then. Maybe Sven after he gets sacked for not winnning World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Pigman II wrote:
    I'd rather they waited to get the 'right' guy (whomever he may be) rather than to just the current 'available' guy on the manager merry-go-round

Problem is, they think the ‘right’ guy is Martin O’Neill and he is not interested, and it seems very few other are too.

I myself think Dave O’ Leary will be appointed in the New Year.
    Why ?
    He has always said he would like the Ireland jobs at some stage. If things keep going the way they are going at Villa he will get the sack pretty soon. The FAI need someone and O’ Leary will reckon now is the stag when he would like to be Ireland manager

Not sure how good he will be but I would prefer him over El Tel, Aldridge or Stantun

Advertisement