Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo movie rumours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That rumours been going around for a while. I wonder will the movie be same scene after scene with monsters in a different order like the game was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

That rumours been going around for a while. I wonder will the movie be same scene after scene with monsters in a different order like the game was.
    3 hours of the movie will be dedicated to the library level.....shudder

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd still love to see the movie to see what it looks like. And with PJ its gon look good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

The above piece from a WB employe is pure crap. Reason is WB has nothing to do with Halo.

The movie is being made, the director hasn't been nailed down yet but they have signed Peter Jackson to be the exec producer and also draft Weta to do visual effects.

On top of this the script has already been writtin, Bungi and MS paid Alex Garland (28 days later) $1m to write it and sold it to Universal & Fox to co produce. The big talk is that James Cameron has been approached to direct, hasn't said yes or no yet but he has been approached.

The script was leaked and pulled within hours from a net site a month back. Have it if anyone is interested and it rocks. Its not based on the game as most are expecting but rather on the books. In my opinion a much better decision.

So far all the noises coming out about this film set it up for the best game to screen adaptation yet. Lets hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hopefully they'll do what Lucas did with the original Star Wars film and pick some random dude to fill the suit (no offense to David Prowse) and get a big name to do the voice of Master Chief (the guy from the game is good). If they pick an A-lister to be the face, it will be shite. They ruined Vader when they showed him without the helmet. Cortana and Keyes would be better suited to big hitters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I couldn't see this being a Peter Jackson movie tbh, he goes more for the epic ones. I could and would love to see Cameron doing it, I'd say he'd do a great job at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Marts wrote:
    I couldn't see this being a Peter Jackson movie tbh, he goes more for the epic ones. I could and would love to see Cameron doing it, I'd say he'd do a great job at it!

i'd say its case of "oh peter jackson is involved in this, lets go see it". He's there to give it credibility.

Well to be fair this has all the making of a proper epic. Ok not in lotr or gladiator style but just think huge space battle scene sweeping camera pans back to a big halo in the back ground. That has jackson's finger prints all over it. Particularly if said director turns out to be Cameron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Uwe Bollox is the only obvious choice to direct.....

okay that wasn't even funny...I'll be going now....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Cameron is one of the masters of sci fi directing so hopefully they get him. If they don't it will probably be ****.

• Advertisement

there are still rumours that gulearmo del tora (wow i have no idea how to spell his name) the guy that directed hellboy is going to do it

in an interview with him he said it depends on if they get the go ahead to make hellboy 2, if not then he said he will do halo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Last i heard, Guillermo del Toro was directing and Peter Jackson producing. Some other name was mentioned in relation to the movie but I can't recall who (or for what job, ie acting, producing, whatever).

I thought Hellboy was a steaming pile of .... well.... you know.

i enjoyed it, thought it looked great & atmospheric but it was just missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

koneko wrote:
    Last i heard, Guillermo del Toro was directing and Peter Jackson producing. Some other name was mentioned in relation to the movie but I can't recall who (or for what job, ie acting, producing, whatever).

I thought Hellboy was a steaming pile of .... well.... you know.

ah i enjoyed hellboy. at least if you didn't like it you can say it was well-directed

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Should be alright if they can keep uwe boll away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ooooh... Del Toro eh?

In that case Ron Pearlman for Master Chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ah i enjoyed hellboy. at least if you didn't like it you can say it was well-directed

Not really. I thought big chunks of the film that were supposed to be about "character development" just bored me to tears. The only thing I actually liked about it was Ron Pearlman (ftw!!), the make-up fx on him, and some of the CG. The rest was garbage.

I've seen some of his other work that was really good though, so there's still hope.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard the monster from the Little Shop of Horrors is coming out of retirement to star as the Gravemind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

In the 360 magazine a dvd was given showing a interview showing peter Jackson confirming he is directing the Halo movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

PJ is directing!? I remember reading before that he was looking to take a break from directing and move into producing for a while. If his previous films and special effects are anything to go by then we're in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

In the 360 magazine a dvd was given showing a interview showing peter Jackson confirming he is directing the Halo movie
    doesn't seem to be any information to confirm this at all...

surely if it were true the interweb would be buzzing with such news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

According to aintitcool who are pretty reliable usually, he's only signed on as an executive producer with WETA handling CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

This is hollywoods big chance to get a Game-Film conversion right. There's huge potential in Halo. This could pave the way for a load of game conversions to flood our screens. There's plenty on the way but if Halo makes big money then you can be garunteed that a lot more will follow. Its the lazy way out for hollywood, they don't have to come up with new interesting idea's. Just let the game industry do it for you.

Just think of HL2, GTA, etc....

Its a bit like the Comic industry...plenty of ideas floating about waiting to be purged by the execs.

That said they usually fúck it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

i read back in october that its out in March/April...

PJ is not directing halo, he is the exec producer and his weta outfit are doing all the effects.

Strongest rumour is Del Toro. The thing is that we have to get away from this being a game to film release which it isn't. The film is being based on the books. The Halo universe in the book world is big and diverse so a good film can be easily made. The script is down, as written by Alex Garland and rocks, so with PJ at the helm of the back room and weta in charge of cgi the film should at least be classy.

Oh by the way I'm aware of the irony in saying the film is based on the books not the game, considering that the game was also based on the books so don't bother pointing that out (said in my best sideshow bob voice).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

iregk wrote:
    PJ is not directing halo, he is the exec producer and his weta outfit are doing all the effects.

Strongest rumour is Del Toro. The thing is that we have to get away from this being a game to film release which it isn't. The film is being based on the books. The Halo universe in the book world is big and diverse so a good film can be easily made. The script is down, as written by Alex Garland and rocks, so with PJ at the helm of the back room and weta in charge of cgi the film should at least be classy.

Oh by the way I'm aware of the irony in saying the film is based on the books not the game, considering that the game was also based on the books so don't bother pointing that out (said in my best sideshow bob voice).

Del Toro said he wants to direct but has Hellboy 2 to do first (not sure how long he has left with that). I think he wants them to wait it out for him.

I haven't read the script, so I'm not sure what it's about, but didn't bungie say it wasn't based on any books?
    Oh, and one of the books (the flood) is based on the game. The game came first, then they comissioned the books.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sprinkles wrote:

Just think of HL2, GTA, etc....

I would love to see Half Life 2 being made into a really good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Half Life 2 would make an excellent movie except they'd probably make a balls of it and sully the franchise.

Half Life 2 would make an excellent movie except they'd probably make a balls of it and sully the franchise.
    plus 3 years late, remove half the stuff that was in the trailer & tell us that the ticket price includes an extra war movie for free but that wont be for another year......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The half life games really wouldn't make a good film if you realise how horrible it would be to write the script. First the story is crap, what makes it special is how it is told. Also a film where the main character spends most of his time not interacting with other characters would be incredibly boring unless they use wilson from cast away. HL is about isolation and just like a Metroid film it just won't work without destroying almost everything the game stood for.

Advertisement