Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface Advertising

• 15-12-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

To get Broadband in the first place surely I need a landline connection (hope I'm wrong),so how can Blueface advertise abot no longer needing a landline

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You can get a Broadband connection via Cable (NTL), Wireless (Digiweb etc) or via a ULMP Unbundled phone line that just as a DSL service with no voice services so you don't pay line rental.

So their certainly not using false advertising :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Cabaal wrote:
    You can get a Broadband connection via Cable (NTL), Wireless (Digiweb etc) or via a ULMP Unbundled phone line that just as a DSL service with no voice services so you don't pay line rental.

This ULMP line you suggest, is this availble everywhere??? Got to get rid of EIRCRAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

KeithMur wrote:
    This ULMP line you suggest, is this availble everywhere??? Got to get rid of EIRCRAP

No.

Esat business are the only people who do this I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

bartal wrote:
    To get Broadband in the first place surely I need a landline connection (hope I'm wrong)

There are other possible ways, as the other posters have pointed out. You're right to question the ad though. I was tempted to lodge a complaint to ASAI (FWIW), on the bases that the vast majority of broadband customers in Ireland are on some sort of DSL, which does require a phone line (with rental), so that the ad was deliberately misleading (by only applying to a small minority of potential customers, and not declaring so in the ad.. and by making it a big part of the ad campaign)

.cg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote:
    No.

Esat business are the only people who do this I think.

This is correct and last I knew it was only available on around 40 exchanges in Ireland, basically the bottom line is you pay 45e pm for uncapped 1MB/256K and you can unbundle your line so its just a data line (they also have 2MB etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Cabaal wrote:
    This is correct and last I knew it was only available on around 40 exchanges in Ireland, basically the bottom line is you pay 45e pm for uncapped 1MB/256K and you can unbundle your line so its just a data line (they also have 2MB etc)

There was a discussion about this on the BB forum a while back. The 24.18 (Monthly Eircon robbery charge) is gone when your line is unbundled isn't it?

paulm17781 wrote:
    There was a discussion about this on the BB forum a while back. The 24.18 (Monthly Eircon robbery charge) is gone when your line is unbundled isn't it?

yep, all you do is fill out the relevent section of the application form
    see screencap
    esatunbundle4pa.png

Advertisement