Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Intake Question

• 15-12-2005 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

When it is said that you require 2000 calories a day, roughly, how many g's of carbs and fat should you be comsuming a day?

When you eat a bowl of cereal, it normally works out about 50g's or however, so throughout your day, how much exactly should you be taking in, generally speaking?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Depending on what you read I have seen 60-90g of fat. Not sure about carbs I think it would depend on if they were simple sugars or starches. I think most reasonably active men are about 2500.
    Also if you are very fat you are using up lots of calories just moving about and generating heat keeping your body temp. If you go running and are 60kg overweight, it is like a normal person running with a keg of beer! Thats why overweight people can maintain a high but steady weight while eating say 4000 calories a day.
    I reckon I use about 3000-3500 a day and have lost a few stone this year but have now just levelled out. I do the same cycle each day, so I figure that since I lost weight I use less calories in the cycle. There are sites where you can put in your age, weight, height, activities etc and it gives you an estimate of your calories used. If you have lots of muscle most of these calculators come out wrong since it presumes it is fat, some take it into account and ask for body fat %

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious.

I've been watching what I've been eating the last while, and although it took about a month for any weight to drop off at all, its slightly dropping now. I'm 14 stone, not hugely fat or anything, but aim to loose another two stone at least. I think 12.5 or so is my ideal weight, I'm a fairly broad person by nature in any case.

Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement